Stoney, Yateley and Anglers' Net

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Spoke to Stoney the other day about his event to raise money for the Macmillan nurses at Yateley on September 7-9th.

I try to go to these whenever I can, and there's usually a few from these forums there (although we kinda failed to meet up last time!).

Anyway, Stoney reckoned that it would be great if he set aside a whole lake just for AN forum posters. This would mean about 30 of us getting together. I believe the cost is £20 for the whole weekend (correct me if I'm wrong here, Stoney).

After I finished chuckling, I picked myself up off the floor and said, "Stoney, as much as I admire your faith in mankind, I do believe that you're stretching it a bit if you think you can get thirty of the AN mob together for a weekend of fishing, eating and maybe even some drinking. They're all talk, mate wink.gif

Who's going to prove me wrong?

Go on, I dare you....think about it, a whole lake to ourselves.

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Guest NickInTheNorth

Never one to pass up a challenge, I'll be there.

If I can make it from Yorkshire, then hopefully no one from further south has much of an excuse.

If there are enough people interested to make it worth it I may even arrange a mini-bus and pick people up on the way.

Cheers Elton

Nick

Guest Jonty

It's a possibility, Elton - but can I have a little more information on the water itself, please ??

Jonty

Guest big al

ok elton i like a challange how,s this for a responce ,not sure if i can make it don,t care.i will pay the £20 whatever.

now the good bit i work for Lloyds Tsb.they run a scheme to double the amount raised up to £500 so if only 25 of us agree thats a cool grand for macmillion nurses.so come on down boys and girls,for each of you pledging £20 you will raise £40 for charity and have a good time doing it.will look forward to the deluge later cheers big al

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hey Elton

Looks like you could be right, its taking some time to get to 30

Nick