Yoo Hoo im back

Guest Gray-Catchpole

Guest Big Brother

I think I will retire 4 now from this post. If you want to use Sillypellets do so. If you dont, dont.

Cheers,

Big Brother

------------------

The float - pleasing in appearance, even more so in disapperance!!!

http://www.sillybait.co.uk - home of all things silly!!

Guest Chris Shaw

On the subject of ingredients hardly any if any bait tells you the ingredients -that would defeat the object!!

----------------------------------------

Do they not, I can think of one big bait supplier to the public that list's all the ingredients top down with the largest quantity at the top.

Do please continue.

------------------

Chris Shaw

They played on while the reel handles spun in unison.

Guest Simon Newbould

BB.....

The point is mate - If we got a simple answer to a simple question we might be happier about using the bait - thereby making some more money for Howard..... If we don't get a simple answer to a simple question then the only conclusion that I can come to is that the oil in use is a fish oil and that the quantities are excessive.....

Simon

Guest paul mc

hi all

just read through this thread and i thought that i would add my two penneys worth.

Was'nt it once (and still is by some)thought that certain carp could not digest boilies, no one tried to ban them, dont a majority of pike anglers inject dead baits with concentrated fish oil. No one has tried to ban that. How do you know how much oil is going into your fishmeal boillies and all the other boillies that contain fishmeal active 8 etc etc. How do you know how much fishmeal/oil goes into a bag of grounbait.

AS said before not many bait, especially groundbait companys give all their ingredients out.The only way to be really safe is to use natural baits only.

Oh i forgot some natural baits ,tiger nuts etc are supposed to be bad as well.

regards paul mc

Guest Steve Randles

I intend to remain neutral here, but feel the need to comment on various points:

1. Gray is a thinking angler who cares deeply and passionately about his quarry.

2. Bruno mentioned the use of "Trout" pellets in "excess" could possibly harm fish.

3. Re Harefield: Isn't this about the time when "Glugging" boilies with oils was all the rage? Then heaving them in by the two gallon bucketfull the norm?

4. Is it not true that Sillybait products are tested on fish, prior to release? And are they not designed with the fishes nutritional requirements in mind?

5. If you invented, field tested, financed, tested again and finally released a product onto the market would you tell all about its contents?

6. Okay, so in human grade food, contents have to be clearly stated. If you want the same for fishing baits, you'll have to talk to the Government, perhaps you could join a body that represents anglers at Government level at from there maybe achieve your goals.

7. I have NOT as yet read any literature, or heard from any source about Carp pellets being harmful to the fish, surely this would be counter-productive to Sillybaits future.

In conclusion, if you use vast ammounts of any bait it is feasible that it could have a detrimaental effect on the fish and its habbitat, but to take a bag of pellets fishing with you...Trout or Carp...and then feed to bites....wheres the harm...

Just looking at it from a different angle and I'm still on the fence.

I also care for the fish passionately, and I also use BOTH of the above products, sensibly.

------------------

Tight Lines,Steve Randles

Anglers Rest

mailto:Anglersrest@go-fishing.co.ukAnglersrest@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest shimano49

LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE OPENED A CAN OF WORMS HERE EH SNATCHPOLE,WHAT A GRAY DAY INNIT !

SHIMANO.

(I DON'T CHEAT)

Guest Chris Shaw
Originally posted by Steve Randles:

I intend to remain neutral here, but feel the need to comment on various points:

1. Gray is a thinking angler who cares deeply and passionately about his quarry.

2. Bruno mentioned the use of "Trout" pellets in "excess" could possibly harm fish.

3. Re Harefield: Isn't this about the time when "Glugging" boilies with oils was all the rage? Then heaving them in by the two gallon bucketfull the norm?

4. Is it not true that Sillybait products are tested on fish, prior to release? And are they not designed with the fishes nutritional requirements in mind?

5. If you invented, field tested, financed, tested again and finally released a product onto the market would you tell all about its contents?

6. Okay, so in human grade food, contents have to be clearly stated. If you want the same for fishing baits, you'll have to talk to the Government, perhaps you could join a body that represents anglers at Government level at from there maybe achieve your goals.

7. I have NOT as yet read any literature, or heard from any source about Carp pellets being harmful to the fish, surely this would be counter-productive to Sillybaits future.

In conclusion, if you use vast ammounts of any bait it is feasible that it could have a detrimaental effect on the fish and its habbitat, but to take a bag of pellets fishing with you...Trout or Carp...and then feed to bites....wheres the harm...

Just looking at it from a different angle and I'm still on the fence.

I also care for the fish passionately, and I also use BOTH of the above products, sensibly.

This really should'nt have turned into a dig at Sillybaits, that is my fault and I am sorry that it did, this happened because it was the interview that sparked it of.

Also it was not a personal dig at Gray or BB I also apologise for that as well.

Lets look at it in terms of all oil saturated baits.

An oil saturated bait is no different to an oil glugged bait, yes you are right about Harfied, but who is to know if people are piling the oil saturated products that are around today. As you say used in small quantities there more than likely would be no problem. Waters not so many years ago banned oil saturated baits, they must of had good reason to do that.

It is not as you call them the actual carp pellets that is the problem it is the saturation of oils that can do the harm.

Oils are only fish friendly in very small doses.

Most if not all carp anglers who have been around long enough know that an over saturated oil bait can be harmful and will not take the chance, you cannot even really say that they are Ok in small amounts because you cannot rely on people not to pile it in if they start catching.

If you half a thought that that what you are using as bait or the amount you are putting could be harmful then do not do it.

------------------

Chris Shaw

They played on while the reel handles spun in unison.

[This message has been edited by Chris Shaw (edited 16 June 2001).]

Guest fisherman

I for one will not use ( Trout ) pellets any more.

At one time I used to come home from fishing and throw into my ornamental pond a few handfuls of the pellets for the fish to eat.

By the end of the season all the ornamental carp over 4ins. floated to the top.

Was it the pellets that did it or just bad luck. My thoughts are with the pellets, hence any left went to the bin.

Dave