Size 14 Elastic On The Pole

Rolo

Im going to get a new pole in the next few days and i have decided to go with a size 14 elastic as that way if i ever hook a big carp it wont snap the elastic.. But what i was wandering, With size 14 elastic do you still get a fight out of 1 pound fish or just below 1 pound like you would on size 10 elastic? Because i dont really want there to be no fight.

Also how big of a fish would a size 14 elastic take?

Thanks for any help.

Im going to get a new pole in the next few days and i have decided to go with a size 14 elastic as that way if i ever hook a big carp it wont snap the elastic.. But what i was wandering, With size 14 elastic do you still get a fight out of 1 pound fish or just below 1 pound like you would on size 10 elastic? Because i dont really want there to be no fight.

Thanks for any help.

Yeah you will still get some fight out of a 1lbish fish. Obviously not as much! it all depends on how tight you set the elastic! but as suggested above if your pole comes with more than one top kit have different sized elastics fitted. For example i have 2 top kits with 14, 1 with 12 and one with 10!

Thanks for any help.

Also i landed a 19.5 lb carp on a 12's elastic it all depends on whether snags are around, how well you play the fish and also a bit of luck!

I've had carp out up to 12lb on a number 3 elastic (wasnt fishing for them) but 16 meters of pole pointing virtically just to try and draw a fish to a landing net is hard work that i wouldnt advise.A number 14 should be fine for most carp up to low dbls it reallt depends on your confidence and cometence. As for still getting a fight out of smaller fish it depends on the fish they'll still stretch your elastic a little bit but you run a higher risk of bumping them on the take.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.