Kickles Farm Syndicate

Guest Graham E

Guest pete falloon

Still there may be consolation to us all.

I just got hold of a paper on tracking barbel in the yorks ouse and nidd, with radio equipment. Very interesting, barbel can and do move upto 20km in one year, looking for sites to spawn, and can and do move over weirs, depending on the structure and so on.

Perhaps the monsters will find a new home. cool.gifcool.gif

Guest Andy Nellist

Kickles Farm was run by Newport Pagnell and was taken over by a syndicate. Adams Mill is the stretch upstream of Kickles farm and is run by Milton Keynes. The fish are free to move between the two stretches.

Guest 'eelfisher'

Dear all

It'll be interesting to see if Adams Mill is still run by Milton Keynes in the near future.

I also wonder what Steve Pope is going to do through the Barbel Society to act in the best interests of ALL barbel anglers. Surely any best interests would only involve Barbel Society members.....or has membership of the BS become free?????

Perhaps they are going to buy up all manner of venues and open them up on a day ticket premise for ALL barbel anglers to come along and line the BS's coffers????

Other questions in my head but we'll see what occurs in the near future after Steve's next post after Saturdays meeting....maybe it will appear tonight...because it has me looking in for the main man's next post.

Yours With Respect.....

Steve.

Guest Richard Capper

Why not? If I owned Kickles farm I would certainly NOT want all and sundry descending on my land to fish for the barbel day and night! I would want well known anglers that are known to use appropriate tackle / ethics for fishing.

Everyone here always complains about "instant fishermen" yet now you're all complaining cos you can't fish somewhere where someone else has caught monster barbel.

Do you're own homework and find you're own monsters.

Me? I'll stick to the places where I don't see anyone else all day. Who cares about monsters?

After all, all your complaining about is that you haven't got the chance to catch that same barbel and cash in on it and get lots of pictures of yourself in the papers.

Do you all support Man United and France?

Guest trent.barbeler

Hi Richard or whoever you are,

I can assure you, I have never, not for a single second wanted to fish at Kickles Farm of Adams Mill. Nor, do many barbel anglers that I know.

Frankly, I could not care less how big those fish are although I admit they are magnificent barbel.

The reasons why some of us have reservations is not for who is fishing at Kickles Farm or indeed what they may catch. They are for the future of other "open to all" venues that may become targeted by syndication along the River Great Ouse.

Strange thing is, I thought that you would be aware of that.

Regards,

Lee.

Right MKAA only have the rights to one side of the bank PBDAC have the rights to the island side MKAA only have i think the rights for one more year whearas PBDAC have renewed their lease and have it for five years more so if a syndicate is going to take it they are going to have to wait

i think this is the correct info

Guest David Johnson

"After all, all your complaining about is that you haven't got the chance to catch that same barbel and cash in on it and get lots of pictures of yourself in the papers."

smile.gifNo, it's a little more complex than the defense of one venue. If we lose one club stretch to a syndicate then where will it end? Perhaps even your deserted stretches will be bought up and you'll have no river to fish? I do think it's only fair that all anglers of any ability have the opportunity to fish as many places as possible for as many sized fish as possible. As I mentioned in my first post, Adams Mill is not my cup-of-tea and I've never fished it, but it's important we keep as much riverbank open for all as is possible.

I recently saw a journalist describe carp fishing as "a closed world" when trying to write on whether fishing should be banned. If syndicates expand on rivers, there will be less and less fishermen and who will defend us against PETA etc and less and less public will care for a "closed world" they don't understand.

Dave