Homemade boilie

Steor1234

Hi just a quick question sorry if it's in the wrong section

I have always made and used homemade boilie and caught alot of carp so just recently I have started to sell to friend and family which I have had alot of good feedback and I am in talks with my local fishing club about making some for them

My question is would anyone be instead in buying some if I opened a trade shop on eBay??? I would sell about 1kg for £4.99 plus p & p

Thanks Ste

Depends on what goes into them (list of full ingredients) and if you only do certain mixes/flavours

I only use mainline (frozen) boilies and have caught numerous carp on them, but at £11.25kg it does add up lol

Well I use ground rice, semolina corn mean eggs and my special flavourings

Flavours I can make are strawberry chocolate banana tuna spicy tuna then the base mix can be bird mix normal fish mix u name it

I use to use mainline but you end up paying like £3 just for the name

I do make most flavoured boilies (strawberry, chocolate, banana, tuna, spicy tuna etc), and if you had a prefered flavour would be happy to make.

I use the following ingredients:

Semalina

Ground Rice

Corn Meal

& my special flavourings

I could also change the mix to include bird and fish bases etc

I used to use mainline boilies but you end up paying extra costs just for the name. I have used my home-made boilies for two years now and have caught numerous carp. My boilies are freezable just like mainline so there would be no worries about them going out of use.

I'm not knocking your work mate, but I wouldn't use a semolina based bait, simply because of the lack of nutritional value thats in semolina, I have made my own base mixes/boilies in the past, using cassien, whey protein, high nutritional value ingredients, etc....

I spent a lot of time and money searching for hnv ingredients and in the end I thought whats the point as most of the decent bait manufacturers use the same things and can make the boilies for only a couple of quid more than I can make them for, saving me money and time, time being the major factor as it takes a lot of trial and error to get a good workable basemix from raw ingredients. Then theres mixing the ingredients, making the baits, and then trialing them on the lakeside. If it doesn't work then its back to step one of scratching your head and adjusting the mix.

Far easier to just buy the basis readymade from someone like mainline who have tested the baits in numerous waters all over the country

• 2 weeks later...

boilys are good to catch big carp but you can use much better baits like worms, potatoes and sweet corn that catch lots of big fish and are very cheap to buy.

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur