Thankyou Budgie!

Renrag39

Received my Reel today, an Abu Ambassadeur 5501. Very well packaged and in tip top condition.

Thanks mate!

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Had a play with it this afternoon. Didn't catch :( Reel is fantastic but the Rod is a big let down. Rated 20-80g and was casting 6" Kopyto's easily but felt 'numb'. Couldn't feel anything through the Rod from the shad, so had to put on a spinnerjig to get any idea that there was anything on the end!

Thumb-braking is really easy, easier than feathering FS anyway. One backlash to start on 3rd cast but apart from that, no problems. Slackened the spool right off too... Great stuff. Now for a rod with some feel...

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Had a play with it this afternoon. Didn't catch :( Reel is fantastic but the Rod is a big let down. Rated 20-80g and was casting 6" Kopyto's easily but felt 'numb'. Couldn't feel anything through the Rod from the shad, so had to put on a spinnerjig to get any idea that there was anything on the end!

Thumb-braking is really easy, easier than feathering FS anyway. One backlash to start on 3rd cast but apart from that, no problems. Slackened the spool right off too... Great stuff. Now for a rod with some feel...

Renrag

Renrag what rod were you using out of interest?? Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

South Bend Mr. Big Fish. 3/4oz to 3oz, circa 2001... 6', one piece.

Renrag

When your chucking (and just as importantly working) big jerk baits then the lack of feel is simply something you have to put up with but for other lure situations...........

Ive got a range of lure rods to cover several situations but realy you only need three- a jerk bait rod,a general lure rod and a UL rod. I do have some nice US rods in that should cover your "medium"/general needs but would need to check the collapsed length (they are one peice but the tip telescopes into the butt) to see if posting one to you would be an option (the rods are only £30 so you wouldnt be wanting to pay an aditional £12 for courier and tube!) Im back in Ashford late tonight/tommorow morning so will check and send some details if you want.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Well I have my general purpose set-up. A very nice Formula 15-40g (bit over-rated, seems happier with 10-35g) 10' married to a Shimano Exage 4000RB. So now I'm looking for something starting from 30g to maybe 70/80g (I like some overlap) so I can use my heavier soft shads easier and have options to use high drag spinnerbaits and medium jerks/large cranks.

7' is about right, maybe 6'6". 6' is just a bit short, feels like a toy :lol: Packdown length about 5' max. Any more and it gets awkward in the car with more than just me in it.

This is tempting me sorely atm, I can hear the voices... http://www.lure-world.com/product_info.php...products_id=522

I'll go UL at a later date, no suggestions just yet please!!!

Renrag