Are any Tench beeing caught?

BML

Someone stated that although Tench had been reguarly caught on the lake that our Club rents near Abingdon none had been caught recently. Is that the same elswhere on the Thames?

Just to confirm which lake is this? Although tench can be caught in winter I wouldn't be expecting that many.

Rich

The lake/pit is a 23.8 acre lake/pit which Sutton Courtenay Angling Club call, "Phil's Lake" after a long time member, Phil Boyes. It is close to Abingdon Marina and I know that during the summer Tench were caught on a regular basis.

The lake/pit is a 23.8 acre lake/pit which Sutton Courtenay Angling Club call, "Phil's Lake" after a long time member, Phil Boyes. It is close to Abingdon Marina and I know that during the summer Tench were caught on a regular basis.

Yes I know the one. I think its just a little early for them yet. I would expect tench to start being caught in numbers in March or April.

Rich