fish sim 3???

me

• 2 weeks later...

Nathan, sorry to say but I spotted this on another forum, Jase has announced that FS3 will NOT now be released, unless there are some significant changes to a situation. In explanation he said...........

There are very good reasons, and certainly i'm not going to give a detailed explanation publically.

As the people who've seen the preview know, it's not a technical problem, it's pretty much there and ready now with only a little work. There are some things in life that just are not worth the hassles, this certainly comes under that category. It is definately not out of the blue here though, things are not always as simple as they may appear, and when something grows to a large enough proportion, peoples greed and popularity start rearing there ugly head. If I could release it freeware next week, I most certainly would, and probably can, but someone is threatening me with action if I do. This is pretty much baseless, but i've been through this sort of stuff before and no one ever wins and I have enough other projects to concentrate on at the moment.

So, in short, although, never say never, I don't think there will be another fishsim from here on. Fishsim has been good while its lasted though, and there is absolutely no regrets from me, and still enough there to make sure it continues on a long time in the future.

I am still going to finish fishsim 3 here, it would be a shame not to, and will still use some people to test, maybe make it open for everyone like Fishsim 2 was tested.

Hope that is as good an explanation as can be given,

Jase

Sorry about that

SteveH

• 3 months later...