Not bad at the basics

darthdamo

Hello fellow fishermen (and ladies) Ok well this is me

When I was a kid I used to fish our local council pond, it was ok plenty of little silver fish roach bream there was carp in there but I never caught any. My kit was pretty basic and we used maggots an sweet corn for bait. I spent many a summer just sat watching my float hoping for that one big carp, that used to tease us jumping out the water near the peg we fished the last time happy days.

Im 37 now got three kids of my own and about three years ago took my eldest and middle boy to a local pond, which was recomended by my local angling center. Great place loads of fish and we have spent the last couple of years going there only about six or seven times a year but the kids love it they always catch something even if it is only roach and rud I have had a couple of small carp about 5 or 6 lb aswell the problem is other than setting up a basic float Im lost we have moved house and have 6 huge po nds near us but I cant catch anything not even a bite so Im hoping for some tips and advice.

great site by the way. after a day of float watching I will be spending the rest of my Sunday on here

Welcome to Anglers' Net.

If you post your "how to" question with some details about what rig you are using (hook size, line breaking strength, and that sort of thing) you should get lots of advice.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President