Just For Snatcher....

Bobj

G'day mate, had a day out with my son, 12 km off Darwin, fishing his "goldmine" a small reef that regularly produces golden snapper (fingermark). We had been trolling since sun-up for no result. Michael decided to head to this particular reef. We anchored up and I put one of your fluffy thingy's on, cast out about 30 metres, let the fluffy thing sink then rip, wind, wait, rip wind and wait. Cast out a second and third time then....this bloke:

008-1.jpg

19 lbs. and 1 metre.

We then caught 2 other spanish mackerel, 23 and 27 lbs

012.jpg

013-1.jpg

We ended up catching 11 sharks to 1.4 metres, 15 golden snapper, 3 black-spot tuskfish to 4 lbs, 17 ock-ock (silver grunter= javelin fish) 11 stripeys to 47 cm(spanish flag) and 5 trickey snapper to 4 lbs (grassy sweetlip) using squidly, tuna cubes and pillies (mulies, to chevin).

In all, we kept the 3 spanish mackerel, 2 golden snapper and 1 trickey snapper.

I have used the Northern Territory terms for the fish.

The sharks, all released were all reef sharks. Only 1 golden snapper was killed....by a rather large shark as Michael was fighting the goldie.

A fabulous day indeed.

Snatcher mate, your fluffy thingies work well. :thumbs:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

OI OI,

Nice photo's bobi sounds like a bloody good outing m8ty.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite