Lucky Result

RUDD

The Sunday before last I just happened to see a friend using a new 9ft feeder rod at a local match (I went as I had a prize to pick up at presentation afterwards).

After some thought I decided I wanted one as a short feeder rod will help in some of the pegs I target with 30gram method/pellet feeders (do have a 10ft bomb rod which only takes 3lb line max) so next day I gave him a call to ask about it - sounded a nice piece of kit with a nice 100+ price tag which was well out of my budget.

LUCKILY and sometimes you do need some luck he mentioned he had a Preston Sentient 10ft carp feeder rod he no longer uses in tip top condition so I ask how many shackles would he be willing to accept for the item - NOW LUCKILY FOR ME it is three shackles short of the amount I picked up in the brown envelope during the Sunday prize giving being fifty two Great British pounds.

Picked the rod up, gave it a clean with some garbolino pole cleaner and it looks brand new complete with plastic wrapping round the cork handle.

Strapped on a smallish TFG feeder reel with 6lb line and took it for a try - casting a small method feeder 30 yards to a feature - hit same spot every time and even had a nice 5lbish bream whilst messing about with it for the hour.

Yes - sometimes you need a bit of luck :D

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!