Rivers Severn & Trent - Anglers chance to Speak Up

Leon Roskilly

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/news/...c=&area=&month=

Anglers asked to speak up.

Author: Oliver Blackburn

Date published: 18-Oct-2004

--------------------------------------------------

Anglers on the rivers Severn and Trent with something to say about issues concerning their local fisheries will this Autumn be given the opportunity to make their voices heard.

The Environment Agency is sponsoring two one day seminars being organised by the NAFAC (the National Association of Fisheries & Angling Consultatives). The first is being held on Saturday 23 October at The Ramada Hotel Bewdley. The second event will be held on Saturday 20 November at Derby University.

The seminar will feature speakers from the Environment Agency, NAFAC, the Institute of Fisheries Management and the British Disabled Angling Association.

Delegates will get the opportunity to cover topics including:

how to get maximum benefit from your members’ rod licence money,

cormorants and how to protect your fishery,

Practical club bailiffing,

the Disability Discrimination Act

There will be a question and answer session following each session.

Speaking about the seminar, the Agency’s Regional Fisheries Officer, Tim Pickering, said: "The Agency and its partners are currently dealing with a number of important issues concerning angling. The opinions of anglers are extremely useful to the process of dealing with these issues. It’s intended that the seminar will provide us with perspectives on issues facing angling today and give delegates the opportunity to learn how they can develop their fisheries."

Tickets, costing £5, including a buffet lunch, are now on sale.

Spaces are limited and people interested in attending can obtain further details by contacting John Williams on 0121 454 2886.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I'd love to have my say - but Bewdley and Derby?

I live in cheltenham and about 7 minutes drive from the Severn. I know you guys say it's too tidal where I fish, but I get barbel, Perch, Pike and all the normal river fish. BUT I'M NOT TRAVELLING TO BLOOMING BEWDELY OR DERBY!!!

If they are talking the Severn then it is ALL the Severn and not just bits of the Severn!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I'm sorry but it is more than that. If they REALLY interested in what people say,they would have made more discussion forums throughout the ENTIRE river or put it on the net. They have already decided what they are going to do and will do it! When anyone complains they will say "we had discussions" :mad: :mad: :mad:

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription