Forum Newbie - Carper from Hereford

Single_bleep

Hi All,

I have been in Hereford for around 18 months now but still find myself heading down the M5 to Somerset to fish one of my favourite waters back there. I'm looking to find some nice waters a little more local, preferably within an hour and a half of Hereford, day ticket or syndicate as i'm not really looking to fish it until next year (got some unfinished business with a 30 in the lake i'm fishing back in the sunshine state of Somerset).

I know Cotswold water park is around 1 hour 10 door to door but other than South Cerney angling club i don't know much about the other waters.

Flintsham is another lake that is of interest to me in South Shropshire and Eastnor Castle near Ledbury.

Just looking for a nice water with some good lads fishing on it, few 30's to go at would be nice. overall as i'm still relatively new to the area it would be good to meet a few lads to fish with and have abit of banter.

Any help would be much appriciated - cheers,

JB

Hello JB, and welcome to the forums.

I can't help you with your question, but I'll move this over to the coarse fishing section where it will get more views :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Many of our regular members are away this weekend at a fish-in, so you might not get any replies until they come back. However, THIS site might be of help to you :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Guest redfin2
Hi All,

I have been in Hereford for around 18 months now but still find myself heading down the M5 to Somerset to fish one of my favourite waters back there. I'm looking to find some nice waters a little more local, preferably within an hour and a half of Hereford, day ticket or syndicate as i'm not really looking to fish it until next year (got some unfinished business with a 30 in the lake i'm fishing back in the sunshine state of Somerset).

I know Cotswold water park is around 1 hour 10 door to door but other than South Cerney angling club i don't know much about the other waters.

Flintsham is another lake that is of interest to me in South Shropshire and Eastnor Castle near Ledbury.

Just looking for a nice water with some good lads fishing on it, few 30's to go at would be nice. overall as i'm still relatively new to the area it would be good to meet a few lads to fish with and have abit of banter.

JB

WYE?

• 1 year later...
Guest twofoottwitch

Hi All,

JB

Hi

I am not into carp fishing really, prefer the rivers, and you are perhaps living in the Mecca of river country too!! but I have just unearthed a lovely little complex of 5 lakes nr: Tewkesbury, really tucked away, I have been here for 9 years and didn't know they existed, it's an old fashioned works club, that allow new members in, cost is £70 with discounts etc to £40. The larger specimen lake has carp to 30lb plus, and I have seen a few good fish for myself. It is well 'manicured' with platforms.

It's in a very quiet location but just a stones throw from the M50 /M5

If you want more info send me your contact number, as you cannot pm yet...