Freddie Flintoff's Holiday

Elton

Strange choice of word:

This river on Vancouver Island is great for fishing but is also one of the most beautiful, tranquil places you’ll ever visit.

I'd have thought 'and' would have been a better choice. The line above makes it sound like we only fish the ugly rivers!

Article here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/activity...t-outdoors.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Strange choice of word:

I'd have thought 'and' would have been a better choice. The line above makes it sound like we only fish the ugly rivers!

Article here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/activity...t-outdoors.html

The auto-edit / word count may have been at fault here perhaps? ... original may have read:

This river on Vancouver Island is not only great for fishing but is also one of the most beautiful, tranquil places you’ll ever visit.

If it's a quote in a publication, there's a very high chance a sub-editor's greasy paws have been all over it ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music