What your dog does..

Jeff S

I took my dog with me to the pub one afternoon, now although I say it myself, my dog was very, very intelligent.

Whilst stood at the bar a chap of some little acquaintance, came up and asked the landlord for a packet of cigars, and he was told that they didn't sell cigars. I could tell by the look on this chaps face that he was more than a little disappointed to hear this. Ever helpful as I am I said if you want some I can get you some, to which he replied "oh no, I couldn't put you to that trouble", this was my chance to show off my dogs talent and I said It's no trouble, my dog will fetch them for you, he's done things like that for me many times. Well as you can imagine he took some persuading that the dog could in fact do such a thing, but his need of a cigar got the better of him, and he agreed.

I only have a £20 note though, he told me, well that's no problem he will bring the change back with the cigars.

So full of pride and confidence I told my dog what to get, and to be sure to wait for the change, and of he went, wagging his tail.

Well to cut the story short, my dog seemed to be taking more time to return than he should have, and the chap was getting a bit concerned about the £20 he had given me, after a while longer he got quite angry accusing me of conning him, so rather red faced I gave him £20 back.

Full of embarrassment and concern for my very talented dog, and thinking that he must be lying injured somewhere because of his failure to return, I set out to look for him.

You can't even get close to imagining how I felt when I turned the corner and found him enjoying the pleasure of a bitch, yes a lady dog.

Filled with anger I strode right up behind him and shouted, "Do you know how disappointed I am with you. Why didn't you bring back the cigars. You've never done this before. Why"

At which my dog turned to me and said," Listen you, I've never had the bleedin money before, have I"