The Barbel Society: Barbel School 2012

Fred Bonney

Barbel School 2012: River Teme

Held over the weekend of the 21st and 22nd July 2012 on a private section of the stunning River Teme, the Barbel School in conjunction with Rob Swindells will be open to members and non Barbel Society members alike, whether you're a complete novice or wish to improve your barbel fishing, the weekend will have something to offer for all! Please don't apply if you were at last years event.

Itinerary for the two days will include an opening introduction from Rob and then a bacon bap breakfast (Saturday morning).

Tackle selection and suitability- including rod / reel choice, line, safe and unsafe rigs, weights and feeders, hook and knot choice.

Baits and Bites- including bait selection, baiting strategies, bait demonstration, accurate casting and bite recognition.

Fish welfare- including the Barbel Society handling code, fish care/photography.

On the river-including fish location, feature finding, swim selection, setting up, fishing demonstration, water craft.

Saturday evening will include fishy chat around the camp fire with an informal questions and answers session followed by a BBQ

Sunday – Breakfast, followed by anglers putting into practice some of their skills on the river bank and taming some of the legendary Teme-Tigers, help will be on hand throughout the day to all anglers.

4.00pm conclusion and debrief.

A selection of guest speakers will give short talks throughout the weekend on tactics/rivers including one to one tuition on "trotting"

Please bring along with you a suitable tent for your overnight stay with suitable outdoor wet weather gear, tea and coffee will be provided throughout the day.

Bring your normal fishing gear and bait!!!!

The price for this second Barbel School will be £45 per head for the two days including breakfasts and evening BBQ.

Places are limited to 20 anglers, to book a place on this Barbel School. Please note this weekend is not suitable for youngsters.

Please drop Fred Bonney a line telling him why you want to come and what you would like to gain from the weekend.

It will have to be on a first come first served basis.

Email:

barbelfisher@btinternet.com to register

no payment no trip.

Cheques payable to the Barbel Society and sent to Fred Bonney address details will be given on registration

Edited by Fred Bonney

Sounds like a great idea Fred, whereabouts on the Teme would it be ? I'd be very interested but the travelling time might kill it for me.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Sounds like a great idea Fred, whereabouts on the Teme would it be ? I'd be very interested but the travelling time might kill it for me.

Just outside Worcester near Eastham(WR15) Ian. You can camp overnight as stated.

Edited by Fred Bonney

• 3 weeks later...