Wanted - old wooden fishing reels

Newt

I'm looking to buy old wooden fishing reels with brass fittings. Condition isn't an issue as long as the reel isn't broken or missing pieces. I'll be having them sent to a UK address.

You can send me a PM through the forum or email me newt @ anglersnet.co.uk

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks to those who responded. I'm still interested if anyone else has one or two or five.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks to those who responded. I'm still interested if anyone else has one or two or five.

Hi Newt, are you looking for any particular make? is it an on going thing as I can keep a look out at the boot sales etc. Also I have a friend who deals in vintage fishing tackle.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Lyn - the old ones rarely ever have any info about who/where/when made. Usually made in small shops that could handle some wood working and brass for the fittings and probably just a sideline for them.

I'm pretty much interested in any that are intact. I'll PM you some more information.