A short break

wotnobivvy

Me and the lad (14yrs old) have been given the nod to take a short break in August. I have been and still am scouring Google to find a place. What I want is a place with fairly easy fishing, but not F1 carp dominated. Sort of mixed fishing, maybe with a couple of lakes with different skill levels needed and carp up to mid doubles. I just need self catering accommodation with a TV for the evening. It needs to be within 3hrs (approx) driving from Bracknell

Anyone have experience (good or bad) of any such venues please

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Many thanks nursejudy, I will file that one away for the future. As time was pressing I am returning to the place I went to last year, Otter Falls in Devon. Surprisingly, I was offered a choice of accomodation, so it looks as if last minute bookings in August are available. Perhaps something to do with a sporting event taking place in London <_<

Wherever you settle I wish and the lad a great fishing trip, hoping the weather is goof for you both and the catches are outstanding.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Wherever you settle I wish and the lad a great fishing trip, hoping the weather is goof for you both and the catches are outstanding.

Thanks O wise one. I shall report back success or failure. We go next Monday for 4 days.