Big Roach, right on my door step

Andy_1984

Had a bash right on the inside of the over pass and found that there's a small flow carrying fry about 8" of the bottom it was this that was causing me to drift into a small patch of weed. But overall I found the roach and wow why haven't I seen them before, managed 2 nice size roach same setup as you except size 18 hook and got a nice jack on the spinner, after spotting him doing his jaws thing lol. Think I've had him before he had a bite out of his tail, one of those big oes maybe? B)

Going back up today about 5 maybe have you found they feed better in the morning?

P.s tried one of those snails on the walls but nothing :(

Darren

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen the shoals of perch? Massive I got one just over the pound mark and one just under, nice fish. I found that putting most of the shot at the float and letting a single maggot sink all the way to the bottom slowly as possible was most effective. Total was 12 perch, the roach where kicking back somewhere else. Also seen the jacks invading the shoals every time I put some lose feed in, was very entertaining.

Have you seen the shoals of perch? Massive I got one just over the pound mark and one just under, nice fish. I found that putting most of the shot at the float and letting a single maggot sink all the way to the bottom slowly as possible was most effective. Total was 12 perch, the roach where kicking back somewhere else. Also seen the jacks invading the shoals every time I put some lose feed in, was very entertaining.

the jacks can be absolutely hilarious at times. and yeah theres some real nice perch in there. cant wait to they hit 3lb in the next few years.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Andy and prebaiting is 2 words that don't easily equate together, considering the fact he lives on top of the blasted place.

I've told him it doesn't have to be anything pricey or clever. If it can be blended and there are no issues with the food in a harmful sense, I've told him to pile in any old kitchen scraps and leftovers (that's probably a joke in itself) into a choice swim and I'm certain I know where to target now having walked the bank a few times. If he rakes the place once a week and fed the area discreetly, I reckon he'd have fish queueing up for the taking but he's way too lazy.

Andy...give me a phone. I know of 2lb roach and 3lb perch being caught by 2 of our compadres.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Andy and prebaiting is 2 words that don't easily equate together, considering the fact he lives on top of the blasted place.

I've told him it doesn't have to be anything pricey or clever. If it can be blended and there are no issues with the food in a harmful sense, I've told him to pile in any old kitchen scraps and leftovers (that's probably a joke in itself) into a choice swim and I'm certain I know where to target now having walked the bank a few times. If he rakes the place once a week and fed the area discreetly, I reckon he'd have fish queueing up for the taking but he's way too lazy.

Andy...give me a phone. I know of 2lb roach and 3lb perch being caught by 2 of our compadres.

always the comedian eh :lol: should text me when your online mate and i can pop on msn. you know ive never any credit ;) im busy this week with new carpets being fitted so taking the opportunity to build a stand for the aquarium finally.

I knew it was you yesterday but I had to check your pic to see lol should have guessed at you talking of the salmo, did you get any?

I won't be up until Tuesday going up to garelochhead for a few days, sea trout and brownies are the target :P. I can't post my catches here can I because they are sea? It should be in the sea section is that right?

Darren.

I knew it was you yesterday but I had to check your pic to see lol should have guessed at you talking of the salmo, did you get any?

I won't be up until Tuesday going up to garelochhead for a few days, sea trout and brownies are the target :P. I can't post my catches here can I because they are sea? It should be in the sea section is that right?

Darren.

was that you and your mate fishing for perch near the big pontoon.