Big Roach, right on my door step

Andy_1984

lol, i wish elton. the roach may have grown large but the pike are all still around the 1lb mark and no worth targeting. its jack infested.

But mam & dad must be in there somewhere :D

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But mam & dad must be in there somewhere :D

thats true, i seen one around 6lb on the surface a few months ago. and a few dead ones on the bottom thanks to they novice pike anglers with no traces.

it can be quite funny though most of the time, regarding pike. ill be sitting fishing away for roach and perch then suddenly there are about five 10 inch pike swimming along the surface like little snakes chasing fry or crisp packets.

who knows perhaps the big pike are even more elusive than the roach :huh:

just out of interest does anyone know at what size/age pike spawn at ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Looks like you've got a little goldmine of fishing opportunity there! Right outside your house to boot. Nice Roach and good luck unlocking the rest of the mysteries as you fish on.

Started coarse fishing February last year, species so far:

Roach, Rudd, Bream, Tench, Perch, Carp, Gudgeon, Eel, Crucian and a Goldfish.

Looks like you've got a little goldmine of fishing opportunity there! Right outside your house to boot. Nice Roach and good luck unlocking the rest of the mysteries as you fish on.

i reckon its gotta produce some even larger fish. believe it or not there are much bigger roach than that ive seen but yet to catch one. there is such a huge amount of natural food too with weed covered in all manners of little bugs and masses of snails on the walls. ive seen one tench surrounded by large roach but i dunno if thats just managed to get in when the gates have been opened. going to hit it with feeders soon see if i can pick up any tench that might be lurking :)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

It sounds like the preds are doing a good job and the silvers are growing well. Feel free to keep us posted of any other catch reports from there on your little campaign. I already look forward to seeing some pictures of even bigger roach and whatever else you can fox. Good luck!

Started coarse fishing February last year, species so far:

Roach, Rudd, Bream, Tench, Perch, Carp, Gudgeon, Eel, Crucian and a Goldfish.

lol, i wish elton. the roach may have grown large but the pike are all still around the 1lb mark and no worth targeting. its jack infested.

Came over a school of roach that size while out trolling for Brown trout in lake "Lofsjön" in Härjedalen in Sweden. They had gathered in a small bay, and where jumping like crazy. My buddies thought that it was trout, but didn't get a single bite. "Look here" I said, put on the smallest wobbler I could find in my tackle, and smack. A 600g roach was on my hook. For about a half an hour we where pulling up roach on every single cast. Some times the lure barely reached the water surface before they where on the hook. we where three in the boat, and Thomas thought that there might be a huge pike near by so he didn't join us on the Roach feast, but we had at least 30 roach a piece when left the bay. A little while later an even bigger roach grabbed my hand made trout wobbler. it was nearly 800g. The biggest I've ever seen.

Too bad we didn't get any photo's. As for the trout, we caught two each. we also caught a few nice sized perch.

<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))>< www.countryfisher.org www.countryfisher.com ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

I've had a 6lb from there infact I'm sure I seen you that day. I heard I guy you know had a good size pike on the fly there and it's snapped him off so I think a small compition for the flys return would be interesting. Let me know if you accept, maybe be up tomorrow if your up I will a have a chat about it then.

Darren.