Posting a link into Hotmail

captain cojones

its totally down to the way the people who made the website want it to work. and sometimes the browser you use. not always guaranteed to work across all websites. thats not to say the person on the other side might not pick it up as an active link (cliackable) depending on what email client they use.

just use the wee "add link" button. most websites have one, including anglersnet - the little green A with the plus sign, infact i think its an arrow ?

Thanks Andy, that will work, but i don't understand how all sites that we regularly use, using different systems, on different computers in different towns will need this inserting hyperlink feature all of a sudden.

That is what i cant get my head around! :blink::lol:

Thanks Andy, that will work, but i don't understand how all sites that we regularly use, using different systems, on different computers in different towns will need this inserting hyperlink feature all of a sudden.

That is what i cant get my head around! :blink::lol:

like i say buddy, they all use different methods of displaying websites and editors (known as wysiwyg editors) they all work a little different. some display the link as an active one after its been typed within the editor or after its been submitted like anglersnet does.

maybe a recent change to hotmails editor stopped that functionality (i couldnt tell you ive never noticed it to be honest) but may be showing up after its been emailed. (try sending yourself an email by just pasting the link to see. some browsers just display links automatically without the website its self interacting with it.

been like this for years, theres no "Standard"

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk