? for Newt

lyn

Hi Newt

I finally have the photo's of Liam with his perch will try and get that off to you before we go away.

We are off to the Scilly Isles camping for a week and the beach fishing is supposed to be very good even close in off the rocks.

As Liam and I are going on our own then I can't cope with too much luggage. I was wondering, as he handles that rod so well it would be ideal for him to take. Do you think it could cope with 8lb line?

I just think sea fishing he would be better off with a heavier line, if not he will just have to make do with 6lb.

I am trying to find out if we can hire some beach rods although he still stuggles with a 12ft rod. Boat fishing is sorted :D

thanks

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Lyn - I really don't know about going up to 8lb with that reel. It might be fine.

I use the 10lb powerpro on all mine like that one since the diameter is about like a 2-3lb mono. Since the stuff is sort of pricy and you could get by with maybe 20 yards and use mono for backing, maybe someone on here who is a powerpro user has that much left at the end of a roll.

It you do go up in strength on the mono, just try to get a limp line. Trilene makes one but I'm not sure about UK availibility.

And I will love seeing the perch picture. Glad the rod handles well for the youngster.

Shame there isn't more "kid size" gear available in the UK since it is lots easier to get a kid started with rod/reel that fit smaller folks.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Newt. I am going to take it over to my brothers when we go to get their snorkel gear an see what he thinks. It does say 6lb on the rod but they are quite solid little things.

Will let you know how we get on.

Thanks

lyn

Oh, the rod can handle much heavier line. It's the reel that I think might not.

That composite e-glass/graphite is tough and I've never broken one. Not even close I don't think.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Bob said it will be fine. I am going to see if his other reel fits it, if so I will take that one as he has 6 & 8lb loaded spools. Plus they hold more line.

Will let you know on our return how we get on.

lyn