NTL... problems?????

Davy Holt

Hiya Chris,

Chris Goddard:

Davy have you thought it may be you?? I hate to say this as I have not had any problems with my connection to NTL and I'm still not paying for it either!! (not what you wanted to hear I know, but It isn't often I get one up on someone??) Hope you don't mind (Knowing of course fullwell you do!!)

I thought about that at first, but ruled it out as I've not made any changes to my system or settings and the fact that it wasnt a consistant problem. After spending the last 2 hours trying to get on here and ICQ tonight, I think I have found a sort of solution. I used my other account to connect up, opened up the site then closed my connection, leaving the browser open. I then changed to my NTL account , connected up and refreshed the browser and hey presto it worked :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Davy Holt:

Hiya,

QUOTE]If I disconect, switch accounts in Turnpike to my Demon account everything is fine. The problem is too inconsistant to be a problem with my settings for the web, but consistant enough to make it look like the service is being deliberatly slowed down even though Turnpike shows I'm connected at 50666bps

Davy,

only 50666bps? The best I ever get is 48000 so I wouldn't worry about speed if I were you!

Good Luck

Colin

Hiya,

quote:

Originally posted by Colin Brett:

Davy,

only 50666bps? The best I ever get is 48000 so I wouldn't worry about speed if I were you!

Good Luck

Colin[/QB]

I've just spent another 20 min trying to connect to this site with just the NTL account, still shows 50666bps but comes up error cant find server every time. Did the trick with the other account and hey presto I'm here.

I've now sent a lovely e mail to NTL :):)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"