Surftime - good or bad?

Guest Elton

Since I've been on Surftime, I've become even more of an anorak than before. Now I can log on during the day without the £300+ phone bills. Trouble is, I can't work out whether that's good or bad!

Oh well, whatever...at least the bill's gone down biggrin.gif

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

I,m like you elton and now pay nought for my internet acsess biggrin.gif

since i have been on ntlworld my time spent surfing the net has increased to god knows what smile.gif

it.s getting that bad i am thinking of giving up the tv wink.gif

the wifes happier thought , she can now watch all the soaps without me giving her hassel rolleyes.gif

long live the revolution biggrin.gif

------------------

dave kennedy

Guest Ian Cresswell
Originally posted by dave k:

it.s getting that bad i am thinking of giving up the tv wink.gif

No need for that ... free internet access, a large monitor and a WinTV card smile.gif TV whilst you surf ... add to that some great speakers (400W Dolby surround sound), a good sound card, a DVD player, CD/DVD collection and Napster ...

An awesome excuse for getting nothing done smile.gif

Cheers,

Ian.

All ready got the DVD drive biggrin.gif

i want to get the cd-r rewriter next, and i will really p### off the wife, wink.gif she already say,s i spend to much time on the PC rolleyes.gif

------------------

dave kennedy

Guest Ian Cresswell
Originally posted by dave k:

All ready got the DVD drive biggrin.gif

i want to get the cd-r rewriter next, and i will really p### off the wife, wink.gif

A CD rewriter is a great item to have ... Im told that with the right software you can grab MP3's and compose standard audio CD's.

Only those MP3's that are freely available though ... Napster (www.napster.com) are very naughty people ... tut tut ... wink.gif

You can also take backups of your friends' favourite install disks. As part of a sensible 'off site' security system of course wink.gif

Cheers,

Ian.

Guest RobStubbs

I'm still with AOL but with their new anytime package that doesn't cost too much a month - I can't be bothered changing ISP.

I do spend much more time online but then it's better than festering in front of the TV all night.

Rob.

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Elton:

Since I've been on Surftime, I've become even more of an anorak than before. Now I can log on during the day without the £300+ phone bills. Trouble is, I can't work out whether that's good or bad!

Oh well, whatever...at least the bill's gone down biggrin.gif

Elton

You lot are lucky, it costs me a small fortune.

Alan(nl)

You lot are lucky, it costs me a small fortune.

Alan(nl)

Hi Alan

Must admit I'm having grief at the mo'

Freeserve sucks, Plus net has just died,

tried AOL but "my flexible friend" didn't turn out to be that friendly a few years ago, and I nearly ended up in court!

So I can't log on to AOL

I'm with Uklinux, and to save money its down as my best mate (sad) but its still 3p a min or whatever

Cheers

Liam