me & my bitch - take 2

Guest lyn

Elton just a liitle tip for you and the others, sorry I've only just read the above post!

Take some washing soda crystals with you when fishing or whatever then if your dog/bitch should eat/swallow something nasty just pop a 'few' I mean a few of the crystals down its throat & it will be instantly sick eek.gif not very pleasent but will save a fortune in vets bills etc biggrin.gif

ex kennel maid

lyn

Cheers, Lyn. If she ever makes it to Murph-land, I'll be in touch for more advice.

We're still waiting to hear from the person who is looking after her 'temporarily'. It's a long story and really frustrating, as I'd hoped to have her here by now frown.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bruno Broughton
Originally posted by Elton:

Going to pick her up tomorrow

rolleyes.gif That should keep the boss quiet for a bit, what with brown eggs to clean off the hall carpet, muddy, five-mile walks at dawn and dusk, and lots of chewed up furniture to replace.

Doddie (my vizsla) is eager to discover just how naughty the spotty dog turns out to be!

------------------

Bruno

Guest pete falloon

Elton, from my experience with dogs, it's best if you can train them to hold the landing net in their mouths early on, that way they do it naturally every time you're into a biggun biggrin.gif

Yipppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee!!

Going to pick her up tomorrow!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Elton

Elton, I hope you will both be very happy together biggrin.gif

lyn

Folks, you're not going to believe this...

I was driving home from Kent this evening, when the phone rang. My wife was on the other end. Apparently, she was just off out to a work do when the people we're supposed to be getting this dog from rang to say that they now "weren't sure" and "needed more time". Knowing my wife, she probably hid her disappointment and was as sweet to them as she normally is to people.

I know she finished work late tonight, she then had to go to her brothers to borrow a collar and lead. When I came home, all the packed lunch stuff had been sorted (we were due to drive a long way) and I noticed that she'd bought two different packs of doggy-treats to welcome our new family member. Suffice to say, she was really looking forward to tomorrow and had been rushing round like a woman posessed to get things "just right".

Now, I run a business and a few busy websites, so I'm used to stick, criticism, let-downs and the like. I've got pretty broad shoulders and don't let things bother me too much. However, one thing that I really can't handle is seeing my wife upset. I am seething at the moment - absolutely bloody furious. Also, on top of this, I'd rearranged my whole weekend around this occasion. I should have been working away, but cancelled.

God, I'm angry.

Time to switch the PC off and chill out, I think.

Sorry,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Yipppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee!!

Going to pick her up tomorrow!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Elton

Nice one Elton, she'll very soon be part of the family smile.gif