Banks

Guest Elton

I am utterly astounded and appalled by the policies and service of HSBC and will be closing both my personal and business accounts with them tomorrow. Can anyone here recommend a genuinely good alternative? It's probably about time I switched over to internet banking, so any prospective bank would have to offer that service.

My work account is with Lloyds/TSB and they seem okay. At the moment, they're top of the list.

Cheers,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Ian Cresswell

The Barclays online banking service is fine for current accounts.

If you've got money to put into a savings (deposit style) account then standard life have an online banking service that offers good interest.

I use both of these and have had no serious problems.

Hope that helps ...

Ian.

Guest Martin Salisbury

Lets face it all banks are b*llocks.

They all seem as bad as each other.

martin

ps sorry for such constructive comments

Personally, since I started my business accounts I've made sure business and personal are with the same bank and preferably both based in the business section rather than the personal section. You have a lot more contact and leverage with the business manager than you do with a remote personal one, and they seem to have more discretionary powers. Threaten them with removal of the business accounts and things magically happen (or go away) biggrin.gif

I'm with Barclays atm and their PC banking is fine - I only ever go in the branch now to make cheque deposits.

ps Alliance and Leicester on-line banking is very poor in comparison to Barclays. That's the only other one I've apart for Bank Of America wink.gif

Guest Roy Meincken

Elton,

On the whole I agree most banks are total shysters - had experience with Barc**s, Nat***t and even the good old Bank of Credit & Commerce (now defunct, unsurprisingly). Nowadays, we use Nationwide - No problems for the past 4 years whatsoever. And available online.

Good luck mate.

R

Guest waterman1013

Elton

Speak to Barclays, good i-net banking but the site can be a bitch to load. I use them for all my banking business and personal, have done for forty years.

Mike

You wanna give it all up and be a student!!!

Banks throw money at you. I went in to Barclays and asked for a £100 overdraft, just as things where getting a bit tight and they said being a second year they would quite happily give me £1400 interest free, with a £200 buffer on top of that. Very tempting.

Bretty.