Browser problem

ColinR

ColinR:

Hi there all - Newt, anyone, when I view online goods for sale the price nearly always  appears as follows ?.99 for instance, do you know a setting to change in IE6 to cure this problem please?

Could be the site doesn't like IE6!

I have been having loads of problems getting certain pages to load, but keep getting error messages.

I have done a clean install of Win 98SE, I have tried Norton Windoctor, I have tried repairing IE6 but to no avail, so I have just unistalled IE6 and "voila" I am now able to load those unobtainable pages. Early days yet to say it has cured everything but at least I can see how much I owe on my credit card [not a pretty sight].

Hope this helps,

Colin

PS I have even managed to preview this post! Whoopee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might depend on the encoding you've got set on the browser. Select from the IE menu 'View' - 'Encoding'. It should say 'Western European (ISO)' or 'Western European (Windows)'. That is if you are accessing a web site that displays the currency symbols as dollars, pound signs or as the Euro?

If you want the browser to display another currency type then you may have to choose a different encoding.