Dog food bait

fruitloopy

I was browsing in Tesco's the other day looking to buy some floating dog mixers when I came across a box of Bakers Complete Meaty Meals. They looked like they could be soft and looked like 12mm pellets. Two flavours of chicken and beef so I went for the beef.

I tried them when I got home and found that they were nice and soft, easily hookable but not so soft as to allow it to come of the hook. More of a surprise was that they float! I squeezed one under the water to see if I could release air to make it sink and it did. I can break them in half or even quarter them and they still float. Pellet bands also work very well.

I have not yet tried them for fishing anywhere as the only place I went to this weekend had a no surface fishing rule. It also had a no pellet (other than what you buy here) rule.

They smell beautiful (if beef dog mixers are your thing) and my friends dog loves them.

I just wondered if anyone else has tried them?

If your wondering what they look like then give this Tesco link a try:

Bakers Complete Meaty Meals from Tesco's - Only £2.05 for almost 1Kg

Or try Purina, the manufacturers page.

Guest Rabbit

Don't believe it....did the same thing, but keep forgetting to take them out of the fridge, they certainly look like the could work, either as a hair rigged bait or on the hook.

What are we like?? :rolleyes: