Magiscroft - anyone fished it?

nick

I'm planning on visiting my local commercial fishery on Sunday, anyone fished Magiscroft (near Cumbernauld)?

I'm in Glasgow for a meeting on saturday and decided that as the sun has been shining today and is forecast to keep doing so at least until Sunday the water might thaw and get a tiny bit of warmth in it so there may be a fish or two to be had.

So any advice would be more than welcome. It's now 14 years since my last session on a commercial fishery!

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Haven't been up since it was re-shaped but it's not my cuppa tea really. Lots of free waters nearby that are much better from a naturalised point of view.

PM sent

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Haven't been up since it was re-shaped but it's not my cuppa tea really. Lots of free waters nearby that are much better from a naturalised point of view.

PM sent

Thanks Andy, I'll take a look at those suggestions...

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

It's a great fishery very friendly the carp are not big though. Maybe average 6-7lb ? It was only the large pond that got reshaped, drained about 3ft from the bank to build better pegs.

All the other little ponds are quite interesting to look at with the railway pond being my favorite of them all. Andy has had, i think a 6lb+ common, i had a 6lb ghost and we both had a rake of tench and other little commons.

Spent maybe 2 years on it perfecting my rigs and technique before trying to catch wild carp left to their own devices.

The last time we went prawns were working very well, waggler style or bolt rigs n quiver tips.

I preferred the waggler approach myself being able to feel about, change depths and try different spots with only micro pellets for loose feed, I'm starting to believe ground bait might just be a waste of money being thrown in on commercials that are as busy as magiscroft.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

7lb 12oz was my biggest out of the Railway Pond.

I normally fish a loaded pellet waggler, locked with a couple of stops, down to a size 12 Kamasan Animal and prawn for bait. No shot as some bites come on the drop.

My groundbait is normally just plain brown brumb or Betaine Green with 4mm feed pellets and chopped prawn.

I fish as tight to the nearside bank, right under my feet (often just a few inches out) and plop the odd golfball of groundbait in on top.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...