Blenham Palace

Batesy

It's years since I fished there, but I hope this helps.

I used to anchor up just offshore from the reed-fringed banks, between lily beds, so that I could fish to the edge of the lilies with float-fished maggot or bread flake (or both). 4lb line would be my minimum, but 6lb would be safer so that you can bully a hooked tench away from the lilies.

Remember to take a sunhat, sunblock cream and a bucket in which to tiddle (no cover in a boat!), as well as a lightweight anorak in case of rain.

Blenheim holds marvellous memories for me - the wait at the entrance gates for opening time, with just the cooing of doves for company; the walk through the gardens by the kennels and down to the boathouse; and the sudden disappearance of a red-topped float as a tench takes the bait. Fantastic!

I hope your day is equally magical.

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

Its not fishing too well at the moment, saying that the lads had around 120lb of Bream the other day. They were down towards the ornamental bridge, on the far side where there's an out fall. Moor off the bank around 10 yards out, most of the 'bags' have been coming from this general area. We always, on the way down to the boat house take the car down to bridge. You can get a very good viewing point of most of the lake and possibly get a location on rolling fish. Anyhow, good luck, its a stunning place to fish and if your lucks in you'll have a seriously good day.

ps, the 'jelly pelly' in the above artical we did really does work well for the Tench when your fishing in or around weed.