beginner fly fisherman... need advice

moonlight angler

Hi all... i recently bought a good fly rod and reel with some spare money i had.

I am very interested in starting flyfishing aswell as my coarse fishing but to be honest i do not know where to start.

what sort of lines and flies etc will i need for trout fishing in a trout lake.....

also any advice on casting and any other general advice for a beginner would be gratefully appreciated.

hopefully with your help i can become fixated with this sport which seems so interesting.

Hugo. :)

Hi all... i recently bought a good fly rod and reel with some spare money i had.

I am very interested in starting flyfishing aswell as my coarse fishing but to be honest i do not know where to start.

what sort of lines and flies etc will i need for trout fishing in a trout lake.....

also any advice on casting and any other general advice for a beginner would be gratefully appreciated.

hopefully with your help i can become fixated with this sport which seems so interesting.

Hugo. :)

ok hugo,first you need to know the basics which you probably do such as tying on the flies,tying on the gut etc..

is it sea trout or brown trout you are going fishing for in the lake?????have you any wet flies because mainly that is what you will use as a beginner fly fisherman..there are lots of different flies you could use but four stand out,the green peter,the connamara black(an irish fly),a black pennel and all the different types of bumbles are good aswell eg haresear bumble,fiery brown bumble,peter ross etc.

ask for these flies in your local tackle shop and they will show you some other good lake flies

hope this helps

goodluck

sean

Edited by greenwells glory

"two men were standing on the bank of the river and one says to the other"how can i catch a fish?? and the other replied "you keep your bait in the water!!!"

In order to help further, what particular water/s do you intend to fish?

What rod length and rating did you purchase?

Tightlines!

The Pirate ;)

In order to help further, what particular water/s do you intend to fish?

What rod length and rating did you purchase?

Tightlines!

The Pirate ;)

I would suggest you have casting lessons a good instructor will put you right on all your questions above.

I few casting lesson equals a life time of pleasure.

Dave

Edited by Troller

Target fish: Anything!