Ten past Ten? Why...

Guest Roy Meincken

Guest Roy Meincken

Thought just occured to me....

Why do watches always show 10 past 10 when you see them advertised in magazines, on telly and the like? Why not twenty five to three or even the radical quarter past nine

Hmmmmmmmm

confused.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Roy Meincken (edited 25 December 2000).]

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Roy Meincken:

Thought just occured to me....

Why do watches always show 10 past 10 when you see them advertised in magazines, on telly and the like? Why not twenty five to three or even the radical quarter past nine

Hmmmmmmmm

confused.gif

Is that morning or evening Roy???

Perplexed

Alan(nl)

Guest Roy Meincken

Alan, Doh!!!

You've got me even more perplexed now - hadn't thought of that.....

Mmmmmmm full belly though AND got a real "Bloke" xmas pressie from the memsahib - a great big four battery TORCH. Now thats what I call a bloke pressie!!! Must be 7 squillion candle power. Can't beat it.

R.

------------------

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Ermmmm Roy why do you sit at home looking through catolouges to see what time they set the watches at??? Or do you sit on the bank doing it??? Tell you what why don't you try fishing to take your mind off why the watches all show 10:10!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

ALAN (the trogg) F

Guest Roy Meincken

Allan, yeah it's one of those things I just do. Have done since I was a kid. Mum tried to get me some therapy once, but it made matters worse. I do it everywhere mate. Help!!!

Guest Keith Finn

Roy,

I think it has something to do with not putting a strain on the springs in a clock.

Apparantly, so I was once told,, when watches and clocks used to be the windy up type, if you where resting a time piece, you put it at 10 to 10.

This was supposed to put the least amount of strain on the workings.

Keith