Petersfield, Hants

Colin Payne

In my job as a coach driver I end up in Petersfield about once a week with 7-8 hours to spare. I park in the town centre car park (coach bay) so is there somewhere within say 10-15 minutes walk I can fish. Alternatively I can drive out of town a bit but needless to say parking a 39 foot long coach could be a bit of a problem!

Any ideas?

Colin

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

quote:

Originally posted by Colin Payne:

In my job as a coach driver I end up in Petersfield about once a week with 7-8 hours to spare. I park in the town centre car park (coach bay) so is there somewhere within say 10-15 minutes walk I can fish. Alternatively I can drive out of town a bit but needless to say parking a 39 foot long coach could be a bit of a problem!

Any ideas?

Colin

Well, it depends what kinda fishing you're after. There's Heath Pond with big carp and probably room enough to park your coach.

Posted Image

Or there's the river Rother, Arun etc, but quite a few of venues in that area are trout fisheries

DG

[ 17. January 2004, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Nice one DG, whats the story with Heath Pond as regards day ticket etc? Also is it only a carp water? I don't mind sitting behind my buzzers but I'll likely travel light i.e. one rod and reel, a seat and a bag!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

quote:

Originally posted by Colin Payne:

Nice one DG, whats the story with Heath Pond as regards day ticket etc? Also is it only a carp water? I don't mind sitting behind my buzzers but I'll likely travel light i.e. one rod and reel, a seat and a bag!

Col

For the latest gen (as I haven't fished there for quite some time) best thing is to take a walk to Dragon Street (No.34) where you'll find Petersfield Angling Centre (I hope it's still there!). They'll have all the current info.

Heath Pond is part nature-reserve too, so if you're a twitcher & an angler, you'll be in 7th heaven

DG

[ 18. January 2004, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

</font>

<font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Colin Payne:

Petersfield Angling is gone I'm afraid. Replaced by a healthcare centre! </font><hr />

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Col

Hmmmh! I wondered if it was still there. How's about a lill coach trip to Heath Pond to check it out for yourself .. and us lot :) please

DG

P.S. I have just discovered that Dorking AC held a Junior Match at Heath Pond:-

Petersfield Heath Pond, Hampshire.

Six Teams of 4

Sunday 8th June 2003.

I wonder if that nice bream came out of Heath Pond?

I'll e-mail them and see who controls the Pond and about DTs etc

DG

Bit late making an offering---only just picked up your thread.Petersfield Heath Lake (20 acres) is closed until the 31st March.It is looked after by Petersfield and District Angling Club----one of four Clubs forming the Hants & Sussex Alliance.The only other Alliance water with a day ticket is Hilsea Moat,at the gateway to Portsmouth on the A3----unfortunately for you that is also closed until March 31st ! If you are of a mind to fish a Commercial then MBK Fishery is on the old London Road at Liss---tickets can be bought at the Post Office on the West side of the road a couple of miles after leaving the A3 beyond Petersfield(N).Where you would plonk the coach is quite a problem.You could do worse than look at the Chichester Canal.There are lay-bys close to hand,and a tackle shop in walking distance.Fishes quite well to a waggler approach for Roach and Skimmers---good Tench later on.Open across the old close season.The Canal Basin is open now and contains a few fair Pike.Come back if I can tell you more---I live here!!