River Ouse - Newport Pagnell

BedsFisherman

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted as haven't been out on the bank much! been out honing my Golf skills instead, however the bug has caught me again today!

I work in Newport Pagnell and quite often take a lunch time stroll through the town and into the grave yard back to work, the river runs right next to the graveyard but I've never seen anyone fishing that stretch so assumed it wasn't open to fishing, however today I stumbled across a guy and his son fishing it, they were getting some good hits from chub and had a few barbel runs, on asking which club run it etc he advised it was a free stretch on the grave yard and up to the manor.

Anyone aware of this? have you fished it and had much success?

would be great to hear from anyone in the know

Thanks in advance

Edited by BedsFisherman

Thanks Terry

I went back there yesterday to get another look, took some bread definitely a good head of Roach in there some large looking fish from the bridge, couple of chub cruising by 1-2lb mark and also a pretty big Pike.

I'm probs gonna have a go at it this weekend

I had an 8lb pike out of it years ago. Fairly hooked in the lip fishing single maggot size 18 hook and 3lb line at the time it was my biggest ever fish. Thats why it was so memorable.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.