Guest loonyl

Hey Paul,

I reckon if youse got a 13 amp fuse

sometimes the wire gets warm and a little

floppy, but that's pretty normal.

especially in the drying bit

(if its a combo)

It could be as simple as a broken main lead,

so when its in a certain position (ie during spin) the two wires touch & kaboom !

It could be a loose connection somewhere,

maybe check the plug , that the wires are

in ok and the screws are tight.

Cheers

Liam

ps If it blows when its doing the spin dry

it could be something shaking loose

I'd just ring an electrician from the local paper (make sure that theres no call out charge) & get an guestimate !

Guest dave k

You might be lucky and get a reply from gray today but i dont think so frown.gif

I have just been talking to him on a vidio link via pal talk, and he is now off line frown.gif

he has hurt his back, must have been moving the washing machine about rolleyes.gif

------------------

dave kennedy

Guest loonyl
Originally posted by dave k:

You might be lucky and get a reply from gray today but i dont think so frown.gif

I have just been talking to him on a vidio link via pal talk, and he is now off line frown.gif

he has hurt his back, must have been moving the washing machine about rolleyes.gif

Ta Dave,

Lets hope he's ok and back to *normal* soon biggrin.gif

Cheers

Liam

Guest mmc1uk

Hi Gray,

Bring back the twin tub,

bather of children / exciter of women (on spin) / holder of home brew and washer of clothes.

This baby never broke down and had pride of place in the home as even men could operate it.

Cheers mmc

Guest darrell.cook

Sorry to hear of your troubles mate.

Gray,put simply if the m/c is working too hard,possibly drum bearings,then the m/c will draw extra current.To "blow" a 13amp fuse requires over 3kw, and suggests a significant fault.

Don't rush into calling a repair guy out,give me a ring I'll have a quick look for you.

Washing m/c's can be kept going quite cheaply,parts are generally readily available.

Reading through again,I'd guess at a motor or heater fault.I can remove the motor and test it for you if necessary.

The shop just down from Narduzzo's on Malpas road(Brooks?) stock spares.I've always used M.A.Hill on Corparation Road he's pretty good.

Give me a ring.

[This message has been edited by darrell.cook (edited 09 January 2001).]

Guest gray-catchpole

darrell

thanks for coming over and doing that, good to see you again, and seing joe and your wife, speak later mate smile.gif

thanks again

Guest gray-catchpole

well people

darrell came over again this evening, and fixed it, ...............................it was a faulty plug!!!!!!!

darrell, cant thank you enough for taking the time to sort it for me.

and thanks to everyone who tried to help smile.gif

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

mailto:catchpole@go-fishing.co.ukcatchpole@go-fishing.co.uk