I'm going fishing in this pond tomorrow

SPSwallow

http://www.freewebs.com/burghcastlefisheri.../kingfisher.htm

I've just decided right now to go tomorrow as seen as i'm free all day. I've never been before but it looks a nice place. I've left it too late to get any bait from the tackle shop but luckily I have a few cans of sweetcorn and chick peas in the cuboard. Hopefully i'll catch some nice bream

Would be good to hear how you get on, I've been there many times as my Dad has a caravan in Cherry Tree park thats the fishery opposite right? I'm up there in August for two weeks with the wife and kids so may go over there for a day or two myself! Only ever fished the main lake though assuming i'm talking about the right place

Edited by BedsFisherman

I started off using leger for Bream. I caught a fairly decent roach but that was all. I stuck with it for a while but all three lakes were really quiet with no one catching anything. I decided to give up on the Bream and go for the smaller fish where I caught another 9 or so average roach. I had to go home early in the end because I forgot my sunglasses. I suffer from migranes so I have to be careful of bright light, I stayed longer than I should have because I find it impossible to drag myself away so I ended up being quite ill with 7 miles with a heavy bag to cycle home.

Does anyone else have a problem with mygranes when you stare at floats?

It was quite strange. Most of the anglers were fast asleep in little tents (in the middle of the day) with there rods all set up with alarms. I assume they were after carp, although I can't see the fun when you aren't actually doing the fishing.