James Bulger

Guest fisherking

Guest fisherking

Hi all,

I just thought I would post this link on here and I all hope you read it thoroughly and maybe pledge your support.I know everyone has there own views on everything but this one is dear to me not only because this is a family from my own community but also because we all have our own children.I really feel this family is being shafted by this govornment maybe you have all read tabout this in the papers and you wish you could say something about it,well heres your chance.

Thanks In Advance.

John.

www.jamesbulger.org

[This message has been edited by fisherking (edited 10 January 2001).]

Guest paul mc

I personaly think it's a disgrace the way the whole case has been dealt with from start to finish.1st off all they(thompson and venables) should have been given longer sentences 2ndly they should have been put in a proper prison with other murder's(cos thats what they or at least one off them is).and lastly the public have a right to know where they are.would you like them living next door to you and your children(same as paedophiles the worse the crime the better the accused are treated). Thats what i think for what its worth

paul mc

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

I hate what this goverment and the so called judge has done to this poor family!!On the bright side if there is one the law have banned thier identities from being published in this country but not abroad so if you can get thier new identities and you know someone who has a foriegn web site then you send the infomation there and let the foriegn website put them up so everyone over here will know who they are and what they look like!!!!! biggrin.gif

i'm quite sure the papers can't get done for advertising a web site!!! wink.gif

------------------

ALAN (the trogg) F

Guest Ian Cresswell

Hi all,

They were 10 years old when they did this awful thing. Read that again ... 10 years old.

They are victims of circumstance themselves. There's no real 'evil' in what they did ... they wouldn't have been capable of understanding that at that age.

Ultimately the 'adults' responsible at the time carry more blame than the kids concerned.

All kids are nasty to everything until they're eductated.

IMO they should be left alone now and be given a chance to get on with their lives.

There is a big difference between a pre and post adolescent too ...

I did bad things when I was a kid. We all did I guess ... we're talking about the actions of children here ...

They're adults now ... and they're different people to those who killed a small child.

I hope that they're left alone to build lives for themselves.

Ian.

Guest darrell.cook

I've visited the site thanks for posting it.

When this happened my oldest son was two,the same as dear James.What these evil monsters did sickened me.At the time every time I looked at my son the terrible images came back.

My youngest son is now two,the way I treat him has been affected.It's never left me,God only knows how the family cope.

I have sent E-Mails to the people listed on the site in support of "Justice for James"

I would urge everyone to do the same.

These monsters deserve to be punished.

The murder of James Bulger must have shocked everyone who heard about it - a two year old kid being brutally tortured and murdered to satisfy the curiosity of a pair of sadistic fiends, and then being left on a train line in an attempt to hide the crime. They (Thompson and Venables) knew exactly what they were doing right from the start, and should be treated like the cold-blooded murderers that they are.

Sorry Ian, but to classify them alongside other kids whose only crime was to smash a few windows or whatever just doesn't work with me. They should be made to pay heavily for their crime. God knows what James's parents have gone through these past 8 years, and to know that their son's murderers are back on the streets under assumed identities will be an absolute agony for them.

I'm writing and sending emails to all the people listed on the site in the hope that those scum get everything they deserve, and I urge everyone else to do likewise.

------------------

John Suffill

john@go-fishing.co.uk

[This message has been edited by John S (edited 10 January 2001).]

Guest waterman1013

None of us can change was has happened in the past but we can all change the future.

The reality is that if their names and whereabouts are published then the vigilantes will be after them, just look at what happened after the News of the Screws published their supposed list of child molesters. Not only did NoS get it wrong and manage to publish the names and photos of innocent people, they also published the names of people long dead. The morons in Portsmouth put innocent people out of their homes and the police could do nothing about it.

Whatever these kids did, however much they "understood" they should be left to try and build the rest of their lives now. They have to live with what they did, as kids, for all time. Some of these posts smack of vengeance and frankly that leaves a very nasty taste in my mouth.

We all lose close relatives, sometimes in horrendous circumstances, but most of us get over it, as much as one can, and try to get on with the rest of our lives. What problem do Liverpudlians have with that. We see the same emotional outbursts over the Hillsborough disaster. They are dead and nothing can change that. Life for the rest of us has to go on. Punishment for the criminal or the for the police does not change how much we miss people who have died, does not change how we feel about them and does not change the fact that they are dead. Let them all rest in peace and for God's sake get on with living.

Mike

Originally posted by Ian Cresswell:

There's no real 'evil' in what they did ... they wouldn't have been capable of understanding that at that age.

All kids are nasty to everything until they're eductated.

Sorry Ian - but I cannot agree with your point of view that they would not have understood that what they were doing was wrong. Even 10 year-olds are wise these days.

And even if all kids ARE `nasty to everything` until they are educated - that still does not justify taking another child and killing it, does it ??

This comment will probably raise some interesting replies, but there isn't really a great deal of difference between what these boys did, and what Brady and Hindley did, is there ??

OK - they only killed the once (as far as we know), and they were children themselves when they committed the crime -but they kidnapped, tortured, and finally killed James Bulger.

Jonty

Mike your right in what you say that we cant change the past and what has happened.

I think the main reason for the feelings that are running high is the fact the two boys do not seem to have served any kind of sentence at all.

according to the papers "not just the "tabloids" They have enjoyed a far greater standard of living than they could ever have hoped to enjoy at home.

Yes they may now regret the actions they took when they abducted "James". and it is proberally genuine remorse.

Even thought they were only 10 years old when it happened, i along with the majoriy of the poppulation still think they knew what they were doing.

Children learn to distingish right and wrong at a very early age.

They have got to live with it for the rest of there lives. But they still need to serve some form of sentance as a punishment,and so far they dont seem to have.

------------------

dave kennedy

Guest waterman1013

Dave

I understand the emotion and attitudes. What I don't understand is the view that they have had a better quality of life as a result of waht they did. Sure they have been in care, and hopefully have benfited from that care, But they have been sparated from their mother and relatives, so there has been a cost to them. If they have benefited from the care given them then surely that may make them better citizens than might otherwise have been the case.

I really feel that now they should be left to get on with the rest of their lives. A longer period in prison might make the rest of us feel better but will it do them any good? I don't think so.

If they live their lives out now and contribute to whatever society they move into then the time spent away will have been of benefit to all. If we now put them into a prison, with all the problems that would enbtail, we simply consign them to the scrapheap and they will almost inevitably never contribute to society other than be a charge on the rest of us, whenever they are in Her Majesty's care.

Mike