To Newt and other USA friends

Richard Harvey

Hi, i need to ask for some help if possible please.

I have a friend who is coming to the USA next week for 4-5 days.

He is going to watch the 'Formula 1' Motor Racing at Indianapolis , Indiana over next weekend.

He will have a bit of spare time and has said he would pick up some light fishing tackle bits ,mostly lures, spinnerbaits soft plastics etc.

He said he is staying in Indianapolis and he thinks it is a large town/city? or maybe be it's motel type complex just for the Motor racing place? I'm not good on places either.

Could anyone give me links to any online fishing tackle stores around that place, my friend doesn't know one end of a fishing hook from the other, so i would like to look online and make a small list of items for him to look for,for exmaple BassPro number all there items =product codes which i could give him to find. But i Don't think BassPro are there?

Anyhelp is welcomed, e-mail me if you don't want to post here.

Thank you in advance, Richard. :)

[ 21. September 2002, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: Richard Harvey ]

Use a Lure Instead !! ;)

Richard - major city.

My suggestion to you though, rather than have him struggle and likely get stuff you won't want, is for you to place an order to Cabelas or BassPro and have a ship-to address of his hotel. Then just ask the hotel to hold the package for him.

That way, no US state taxes (since shipping to a different state), and no VAT or other nasties.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Newt, thats a great idea thanks and i have just done that :) after getting the exact hotel details etc, i had to get it sent 2 day air service ( due to short notice on address's etc )but that seemed very good value too.

I will remember that next time someone is coming over and do it in more time so the package can be sent normal shipping.

Thanks again for your help :)

Even more lures to fill my garage :rolleyes: i just can't help it! :D

Use a Lure Instead !! ;)

I can't either. Got lures that may well not ever see water unless I live to be well over 100 and quite buying now. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President