What do you do for a living?

Guest Elton

financial advisor for LLoyds TSB,alright i sell insurance .with so many computer related jobs here it's nice that there is no snobbery cos we can't spell put in them smilies things.but some where to have a chat with likeminded people cheers big al smile.gif

Guest gray-catchpole

dave i dont even drive, so , youve nothing to worry about biggrin.gif

going back to, being unemployed, as i said earlier, i build and repair computers, and have done for years, and im not "arf bad" but most company`s want peeps with qualifications, which i dont really have, unless you include, years of experience, which most company`s, dont even look at unles youve got the quals, dogs tails and chasing springs to mind biggrin.gif

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

mailto:catchpole@go-fishing.co.ukcatchpole@go-fishing.co.uk

[This message has been edited by gray-catchpole (edited 13 November 2000).]

I'm currently putting the 'Stud' in student wink.gif at the University of Leeds studying beer and women as part of a mechanical engineering degree.

Bretty

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by gray-catchpole:

dave i dont even drive, so , youve nothing to worry about biggrin.gif

going back to, being unemployed, as i said earlier, i build and repair computers, and have done for years, and im not "arf bad" but most company`s want peeps with qualifications, which i dont really have, unless you include, years of experience, which most company`s, dont even look at unles youve got the quals, dogs tails and chasing springs to mind biggrin.gif

Gray, how about starting your own computer cleaning firm, includes printers, coppiers etc. Set up cost about 100 quid. I called a couple of makers of the materials required and got enough free samples to get me going.

If you are interested, email me.

Luck

Alan(nl)

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by mmc1uk:

I,m a Taxi driver but just packed in my job as an ornament painter but still do it as a hobby. You know the kind of thing Elton metal fantasy figures ie Games workshop so I can sympathise with you.

We have a lady in our office who makes paper mache things and paints them, she can't produce enough and is quiting the management firm to work full time on her ducks and things. If you want to get an idea of what she makes, go to www.2sign.nl and take a look. It could be a way of turning your hobby into a small buisness.

Best

Alan

Guest gray-catchpole
Originally posted by Alan Taylor:

[/b]

Gray, how about starting your own computer cleaning firm, includes printers, coppiers etc. Set up cost about 100 quid. I called a couple of makers of the materials required and got enough free samples to get me going.

Luck

Alan(nl)

[/b]

hi alan

yes im very interested, how did you go about it

cheers

gray-catchpole

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

mailto:catchpole@go-fishing.co.ukcatchpole@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest Alan Pearce
Originally posted by loonyl:

I used to be a contract computer consultant for 12 years, worked and lived in Holland and OZ.

Just become a Microsoft Certified Professional, yesterday, and am studying for the Microsoft Cetified Systems Engineer exam by the end of the year.

Still waiting to see if I'm off to Afghanistan to help out with tele-medicine

should hear in the next few weeks, hopefully.

Bet that surprised U eh?

True tho'

Anyways,

I'm thinking a WAP site might be an idea,

so anglers can log on when they're on the bank fishing, to catch the latest stuff.

Then they can keep up to date with any new posts to the AnglersNet, in real time.

maybe even get hints for baits etc,

while they are fishing.

The thing is its free to get emails on Vodafone at the moment (till Xmas)

so why not make the most of it.

Cheers

Liam

ps still dunno what "discworld" is, but am too embarrassed to mention it biggrin.gif

God Liam thats a really sad idea. mad.gif

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by gray-catchpole:
Originally posted by Alan Taylor:

Luck

Alan(nl)

[/b]

hi alan

yes im very interested, how did you go about it

cheers

gray-catchpole

[/b]

You need a bucket of soapy water...seriously though, i will email you later, bit rushed and don"t want to advise you wrongly.

Alan(NL)

Guest david platt
Originally posted by Roy Meincken:

Yeah OK David, but when did you quit the Football?

Roy

Hi Roy,Whats Football, is that when you play with a funny round ball instead of a proper

oval one.

any way thanks for the posts lads & lassie!s

dave

[This message has been edited by david platt (edited 13 November 2000).]

Guest Scott.Ashworth

Hi all,

i'm a musician in the RAF,playing the sax for a living.Been in the mob for twelve and a half years and have got just over a year left to serve, then civvy street and a change of location to Scotland are calling. Hoping to become a paramedic then,

cheers,

------------------

Ashy