What do you do for a living?

Guest Elton

Guest Wordbender

I just write about stuff - and I love it.

I even liked writing this reply, even though nobody paid me nuffin'. I like writing, I do. That's why I do it, probbly.

Take It Easy,

Terry

Guest Ian Cresswell
Originally posted by Wordbender:

I just write about stuff - and I love it.

You do it very well too!

Anybody that hasn't seen Tel's stuff should take a look at the examples of his work available on this site (see Articles on the menu to the left).

Cheers,

Ian.

Guest Wordbender

Gawsh, thanks, Ian. Very kind of you, especially as you're all clever an' brainy an' that an' you know stuff an' everyfin'. :-)

I do love writing, though, in fact I suspect I'm a writaholic. Bung me an 'e' (that's e-mail, yeah?!!) and I'll whizz over a few non-fishing articles wot I done. They'll help pass the time between bouts of flooding, ay?

Take It Easy,

Terry.

Much to my suprise I found it really interesting to see what every one does for a living.It shows what a huge range of people angling attracts.Since leaving the Army in 88 I have had a wide range of jobs.From commercial eel netting to working on the Channel Tunnel.For eight years prior to an accident where I suffered a severe head injury I ran a small tackle manufacturing company called "Qwik Rigs"We made a wide variety of ready tied rigs and custom tackle that was sold under our own name and several of the large whole salers.Since a recent mental problem caused by the accident I have taken things much easier.For the past few years I have worked for Luke Moffatt at European Catfish Trips as a guide.This keeps me busy from March untill November.Whilst back in the country I work as a night club doorman to suplement my summer earnings.This coupled with a bit of Debt recovery keeps me going.I am hoping that as things get better with the guiding I will be able to take the winter off work completely.

Guest piscary

I write stuff I know nothing about for mags. and a newspaper - and teach people to play the piano and the theory of music. Sometimes I take the p out of anglers and get paid for doing it smile.gif

Rosie

Guest Kevin Babij

chinook.jpg

Morning all,

I work on a north sea oil platform in the capacity of a engineering technician responsible for corrosion/erosion monitoring of pipework systems and vessels.

This gives me two weeks off a month to induluge in fishing,photography and drinking Guinness.

[This message has been edited by Kevin Babij (edited 03 December 2000).]

Guest darrell.cook

I'm a maintenance fitter working in a cable making factory for a company more associated with tyres,but famous for their calenders. wink.gif