Pole dilemna

Gaz51

I'm considering upgrading from my 14m pole.

I quite fancy the look of the Maver Medussa 16m.

Anybody any experience of these poles and what spares they come with.

Also anyone know of the best place to buy from.

Obviously I will go and have a play before I buy but if armed with a bit of info it should make my choice a lot easier.

I'm open to other recommendations worth trying as well. :)

Townlad,

I've got a medusa which I've had since they first came out. I've been very happy with it although it is quite heavy at 16M and to be honest I've never fished it at that length. It comes with a match top 3 and 3 power top 2's. the pole itself at 13 and 14.5 metres is very stiff and a joy to fish with. At 13M, take off the last section and you can hold it in one hand. I bought mine from Nathans of Derby by mail order. If you need anything else let me know.

I would recommend it. What pole do you have at the mo ?

I currently have a Shimano Technium,12.5 with extension to 14m I'm very happy with it but feel it is time to progress to a longer pole.

I find the Technium a dream to fish with but there is a marked difference in weight and balance when fishing at its longest length.

Suppose you get what you pay for though.