Computer help please!

Guest BUDGIE

Since changing to Freeserve off peak I have had problems getting on to some sites.The main two in Question are Fishing Magic and Catch Pole.There has never been a problem in the past.First I wiil try to describe the problem.When I first type in the address or click on a favorites link I manage to get to the home page no problem.When I try to navigate on to another page on the site it goes there then freezes.I have to use CTRL/ALT/DELETE to clear it.After this if I try again to revisit the site the home page loads then freezes.If I clear all of my cookies,history,temp internet files I return to the origonal situation ie getting to the home page and one move before it freezes.I have tryed dumping every thing out of my machine and reloading(this has always cured any problems I have had in the past)but to no avail.The reason that I have not asked for your advice/help before on this is that when I had a similar problem with Carp Net some time ago I recieved many answers but being so totally computer illiterate I could not understand any of them!If you have any helpfull sugestions I would be most gratefull if you could spell them out step by step!Many thanks(Hopefully!)

Budgie,

Have you changed your browser (i.e. Explorer or Netscape or whatever)? Have any other settings been changed, to your knowledge?

It sounds like you may be running out of memory. This site is so basic that I've spoken to people who use it with an old 386 machine with no problems.

I'm not all that techy - perhaps Ian Cresswell could or Liam could chip in here?

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Keith Finn

Budgie,

I am on Freeserve myself, and I have the problem of my p.c. locking up about 4 or 5 times a night!. It has only does this when I am online, maybe a connection there?.

It right pips me off, especially when you are half-way thruogh reading something.

Elton,

The site might be basic, But it is 100% better than most of the other sites out there

Keith

Guest gray-catchpole

budgie

im about to mail you back from earlier, i had the same problem with freeserve, try this

go to start>control panel>internet settings

then the security tab, and make sure all your settings are on low, this helped me sometimes, but not always

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

mailto:catchpole@go-fishing.co.ukcatchpole@go-fishing.co.uk

Originally posted by gray-catchpole:

budgie

im about to mail you back from earlier, i had the same problem with freeserve, try this

go to start>control panel>internet settings

then the security tab, and make sure all your settings are on low, this helped me sometimes, but not always

Budgie

yup thats 1 answer

The other is to strip stark b*l*k naked

and run around the block twice biggrin.gif

What are the 2 sites you're having grief with?

Did you get summat from Freeserve that said "download this" and it'll set stuff up automatically?

If so , they've prob screwed summat.

Cheers

Liam

Guest Alan Roe

I'm with freeserve and its a fairly common problem though you seem to get a spate of it then a good peroid then another spate of this type of problem I suspect that the problem is at freeserves end

Cheers

Alan

Guest Darth_codhead

Help me i have some prob's with telewest o cable net!!!

When i log on i have got a good fast server

But it takes me up to 90 mins to log on

help

help HELP

The two sites I am having problems with are FishingMagic and Gray Catchpoles site.Never had any problems before.Tried the Low security settings but still no good.I wish it was as easy as running around the block naked!

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

The two sites I am having problems with are FishingMagic and Gray Catchpoles site.Never had any problems before.Tried the Low security settings but still no good.I wish it was as easy as running around the block naked!

Sorry mate !

Did you download something from freeserve that set the telphone number for you, or did you do it manually.

By Grays http://catchpole.cjb.net ?

and whats the one for Fishing magic?

then I can have a look and see wassupp hopefully.

ps what are you using windows95 98 2000?

cheers

liam

Just tried Grays at 00:43 Tues thru Globalnet

isp and its hanging, just as you said !!

Cheers

Liam

ps the screen with it on, has gone really weird, nothing is showing.

I was messing with my Java settings ,etc

so it may be something to do with that?

I'm using win98