Football Quiz

Paul_D

I'm struggling with a couple of these..... :confused: :confused:

THE BLANKS IN THIS STORY ARE NAMES OF ENGLISH, SCOTTISH OR WELSH FOOTBALL TEAMS. FOLLOWING THE CLUES GIVEN, FILL IN THE BLANKS.

The sun shone _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ the day we set sail for the _ _ _ _ _ _ aboard an ancient wooden ship with a _ _ _ _ riddled with holes and a _ _ _ _ _ of Scots, Welsh and others of the _ _ _ _ _ _ race.

They were a rowdy bunch and did in fact _ _ _ _ _ _ _ furniture after a heavy drinking session. The exception was the cabin boy whose job was to _ _ _ _ _ the boilers.

He won our _ _ _ _ _ _ with his endeavours to overcome his learning difficulties by practising his _ _ _ _ _ _ _ alone, as if being sent to _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

On the whole the sea _ _ _ was good for the family and the break did my _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ as she had not had a good holiday _ _ _ _ _ _ too long, it certainly did her _ _ _ _ _ _ _

lot of good.

At last we docked at the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ which had just been built and at once headed straight for the residence of Hawaii's monarch, the fabled _ _ _ _ _ _ _ , _ _ _ _ _ _ which was looked after by the forest _ _ _ _ _ _ _ dressed in blue. They greeted us with the a friendly _ _ _ _ _. We saw the hills where the _ _ _ _ _ _ still roam free and the natives _ _ _ _ their dead.

For tea each night we had _ _ _ _ _ _ cake, _ _ _ _ _ _ _ buns and some _ _ _ _ _ _ which we left alone.

We returned home to find that we had had a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ because someone hadn't left the _ _ _ _ _ _ the door. Someone must have disturbed the thief because he had left the _ _ _ _ _ the table.

We went out for some bread and found that the baker had left his bike leaning on the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . On our way home we saw Jack _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ who was exercising his dogs on the field. He was preparing them for the greyhound

_ _ _ _ _ but they were all on _ _ _ _ _. We went across to join him but the grass was so slippery my son fell on his behind and I fell on my _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

JUST TO START YOU OFF THE FIRST CLUE IS BRIGHTON........

Paul