The first session

DookieDaveUK

Now we have the gear more or less sorted, im starting to think about my first session

I live in Norfolk close to Kings Lynn if you know the area, about 30mins from Norwich and about 1hr from Peterborough, if you are local, any suggestions of a good place to go to for my first session of 4-5hrs?

What time of the day should i am to get there? crack of dawn till midday or 2-3 o clock till 8 or 9? or suggest a time

What should i take with respects to gear? was planning on:

Rod, Reel - Fully loaded and hooked up

Bait - any suggestions? Sweetcorn, Luncheon meat? Maggots?

Landing net

License when ive got hold of one

Ive got a half decent chair

What would be your tips on choosing where to fish, from what ive read/seen under trees and features is a good place to start, do you think i should bait the area up heavy and then float fish or freeline or what?

I am keen to get in, but really am overwhelmed by the vast world of fishing before me lol

Hi Dave, bit of a trek but it would be worth it is; Reepham Fishery. A great lake for beginners with some decent sized carp to 20+ that average around 6-7lb.

Also in there is crucians, fantails, koi, tench, ghosties, commons, mirrors etc..

http://www.reephamfishery.co.uk

Best baits in my opinion are boilies, luncheon meat, and cat food.

Dan

30 minutes from Norwich!! You must have heavy wellies!!! The Wensum in and around Taverham is delightful. Bawburgh Lakes are worth a try.

You have the Fens at your doorstep, lucky man.

John Wilson's guide to Norfolk & Suffolk is a worthwhile bible, a real must have.

bump... nobody still has really suggested a definitive list of what i should do to ensure i have a productive days fishing on my first day

Some ideas:

What would you take as your minimum tackle box

Bait suggestions

Venue locations

Rig suggestions

Time suggestions

Baits: Maggots, worms, casters, sweetcorn, luncheon meat.

Venue: Reepham Fishery

Rig: Free running leger, and float fish just on bottom

Time: Reepham opens at 6.30am so get there then

Dan