WHERE TO GO

Ann

Ann

You don't say where you live in Glasgow or if your sons are interested in game (salmon, sea trout, trout) or coarse fishing (just about everything else).

These are all coarse fishing venues. Coarse fishing is usually much cheaper than game fishing in God's country, often free!

Forth and Clyde Canal; pike, perch, roach, tench, rudd and bream. No close season. Canal is leased by K-Mac Angling Club; day ticket £1. Permits from J B Angling, Kirkintilloch. For further details apply to British Waterways, Applecross St, Glasgow G4 9SP, tel: 0141 332 6963.

Auchenstarry Pond, Kilsyth (tench, roach, perch and rudd)

Kilmadinny Loch, Bearsden

Bardowie Loch, Balmore

Mugdock Park Pond, Milgavie

Tench Pool, Milgavie

Carp Pond, Seafar

Hogganfield Loch

When I lived in Scotland these were all free to fish on, but that was 14 years ago so things may have changed.

Local fishing tackle shops should bend over backwards to help you if they are any good but let me know if you need more info, or if you want some ideas for salmon/trout.

corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote