New year, new targets ?

darrell.cook

Andrew Burgess:

My target is still the same as last year and the same the year before that! :D

My 1st pike over 20lbs :rolleyes::D

My 1st double barbel :rolleyes::D

My 1st Zander - don't matter what size in that one as long it is a zander

Well for the catfish, caught a little one but really wanted a biggy - forget that one for now unless Budgie can come with something esle!

Hi Andrew, My other goals are just the same as yours !. A double figure barbel ( hope to achieve this one on the Royalty ) and also to catch my first zander ( I'm thinking maybe Bury Hill ).

I think my best chance will be the barbel, but it's the 20lb pike that I'll persue foremost. If I get the first two then I'll target the Zander.

terryk:

Hope for this year? Fish a river for the first time. Never tried it before, will probably need some guidance, but hey thats what fishing is all about - getting out there and doing it.

Oh, and beating my pb Tench of 7 & 1/4 lb.

Terry, I'm sure you'll get all the guidance you need from the guys here. Rivers have a magic all of their own, just as you think you understand a particular stretch, the season changes and it's a completely new ball game! Winter and summer rivers are very different places - but both are special!

7 1/4lb - That's some tench - will take some beating, but good luck!

This year I have two Targets

Firstly the usual 4 of 5 decent standard match wins.

More interstingly I live 2 miles from the stretches of the upper Medway where Barbel can be realisticly targeted and I have never done more than walk the bank. I have a new barbel rod and I intend to use it.