2nd world war rifle for sale!!!

RUDD

One French army rifle for sale.

Never fired, dropped only once.

[ 07. March 2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: RUDD ]

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

You can poke the French one where the sun don't shine, give me a lee enfield .303 with an 18 inch bayonet any day (any old ex army personel ) out there will know what I mean.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I first fired a .303 in the army cadets and almost broke my shoulder.

Ended up almost a meter behind the firing line!

When I was in the army we were the first bunch to change from the SLR to the SA80.

It is just as crap today and that was 14 years ago!

Used to love the LMG and GPMG.

Once saw a bloke mow down the nettles at the end of the range with an LMG. He had switched to full auto and closed his eyes when he pulled the trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Like you Rudd first fired the .303 in the cadets as a thirteen year old.

Rudd what regiment were you in, and do you remember the S.L.R or the F.M. rifle or the energer granade, (wow that had a kick to it

All the best mate.

2330648 cpl Bartlett :D:D:D:D

I was an Army Cadet, in fact I was the youngest 4 Star Cpl in Leicestershire/Northamptonshire at that time.

Rhine Platoon, 'A' Coy, Royal Pioneer Corps.

I did my 1st and 2nd class Marksman Award on the No.8 Enfield as well as firing the Mk4 .303, SLR, SLR conversion, Bren (both .303 & 7.62 versions), GPMG and the SA80.

I was told that I was the first cadet to fire the SA80 (with Suzat(sp?) sights) before the cadet version was available with iron sights.

The most enjoyable years of my life being in the Army Cadets. Weekly exercises on Yardley Chase and annual camps at Catterick, Folkstone, Kibworth, etc.

Hythe ranges nr Folkestone was the highlight though. Canoeing was on the agenda, which I'd done many times before, so when 10 volunteers were needed I put my hand up. It could've been anything from litter picking to peeling spuds, but we thankfully found out that the 10 of us were to spend the day on Hythe ranges disposing of 4000x .303 rounds with a Bren each. We also had a go on the newly built internal range using converted SLR's (.22) on the giant cinema screen. It was all great fun, but I did ache the next day! :)

Loved it! :)

Army cadets

Felixstowe Royal Artilery, Charlie Company

Suffolk Army cadets.

R.E.M.E

I also got 1st and 2nd class marksman.

Being a REMF (rear echelon mother fu*%er)

we didnt get to play with many weapons.

We were issued with SA80 ironsight carbines.

I was a combat recovery mechanic.

(Damaged tank rescue service)

RUDD

Gaffer:

I was an Army Cadet, The most enjoyable years of my life being in the Army Cadets. Loved it! :)

Same here with me gaffer, from 1951 to 1954,(13 to 16 years old) in the NE of england, 6th Battallion, Durham Light Infantry Army Cadet Force, I was proud to be part of them, and my father was proud of me too, (who had been in the army, west yorks reg, as a sargeant during the war), so I had plenty of tips from him. In the 3 years I was with them, I ended up as drill sargeant and small arms instructor, and was also on the rifle team and awarded a couple of medals for being first and second in '53 and '54 in the national rifle shooting competitions and awarded crossed rifles to sew on my forearm sleeve. I remeber the .303 LE Enfields, fairly heavy to me then, also the old Bren, visits to Crail camp in Scotland, Edinburgh Tattoo, cadre courses, manouvres in and around the countryside. Ahh memories of over 50 years ago :)

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

Originally posted by Gaffer:

[qb] I was an Army Cadet, The most enjoyable years of my life being in the Army Cadets.

You "old soldiers" may remember this one.

A British soldier walked into a pub in the Falls Road in Belfast and ordered a pint. Paddy said to Mick "Did you see that, a British Soldier drinking in this pub?"

"Yes I did" said Mick "he must be in a tough outfit".

The soldier then ordered a pie.

"Do you think he's a Marine" said Mick?.

The soldier then drew his knife, cut off the bartender's ear, put it in the pie and ate it.

"Did you see that" said Mick "do you think he's a Para"?

Paddy said "I don't think he's a Marine or a Para, let's ask him".

So Paddy went up to the soldier and said "Are you a Marine"?

"Nah" said the soldier.

So Mick said "Are you a Para"?

"Nah" said the soldier.

So Paddy said "Well, what regiment are you in then"?

"The Pie An" Ear Corps" said the soldier!

RED HILLBILLY:

"The Pie An" Ear Corps" said the soldier!

:rolleyes::D

I just got my Army cadet box down from the loft.

In it I found....

my grandads issue pocket knife (1941)

a very small tin opener, which is about the same size as an old razor blade. (and I used to cut myself with it everytime I used it!)

Gold D of E badge

St John first aid badge

Lance jack and Cpl stripes

Marksman rifle badges

Stable belt

Boot polishing spoon

Cap badge

Folding knife/fork/spoon

Ration tins

Folding/flip up compass

A couple of burnt corks

Some red filters for my ex-army torch

Some blurred photo's of a tank which drove right through the middle of our exercise in nr Catterick.

:)

[ 08. March 2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]