Anybody live in Cheshire?

Ron Gillatt

Hi All,

I used to live in the Macclesfield area of Cheshire (well somebody has to) but I escaped and I now live in 'paradise'- Ontario, Canada. I will be making a trip to UK at the end of December and I will buy some 'proper' fishing gear!!

Regards,

Ron

What's wrong with Macclesfield, aka the Cheshire Alps? :)

I've had many an enjoyable walk up Tegg's Nose...

I expect the fishing's better in Ontario though?

If you're coming at the end of December, I recommend a visit to the Angling Superstore sale at Stapeley Water Gardens (starts on Boxing Day)

http://www.stapeleywg.com/angling.asp?style=angling

Macclesfield is a great place, I actually lived in Poynton but I still love Macclesfield. I am staying in Macc. at the start of my visit. It was always known as 'Treacle Town' - not sure why! Fittons pies (Chester Road) used to be the best pies in the area.

Reagards to all,

Ron

"The town also has the nickname of Treacle Town for an event that happened over 100 years ago. A wagon containing treacle was travelling through the town when it overturned and spilt its contents all over the street. The road was washed with treacle and all the town came with jugs and bowls to fill."

From: http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/destinations-natio...general/259379/

I can vouch for Dave's of Middlewich, too - good stock, friendly staff, and Dave himself will usually do you a good deal if you ask.

Stapeley does have some bargains in its sale, though - I had a £50 Wychwood Rogue carp rod for £27 last Xmas.

I live in Leek, a few miles south of Macclesfield and do a great deal of fishing around the Macclesfield area, mainly on the Capesthorne Estate (just a few miles West of Macc). Some cracking waters and some stunning scenery all around the area – would not swap it for all the tea in China! (or Ontario)

Rudyard

Posted Image

Capesthorne

Posted Image

Ahhhhh… Bliss

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Nice photos, Julian. I keep meaning to give Rudyard a go for pike - is it all deadbait fishing (looking at your battery of rods), or is lure-chucking worth a go there?