WORTHING PIER ADVICE PLEASE

sam-cox

Guest sslatter

I lived in Worthing for 5 years in the 90s and very hard going it was, sea fishing-wise, but..

It became a summer highlight to wait for the shoal of garfish that would inevitably turn up for 3-4 days every year, and then just as quickly vanish. It was the biggest shoal of fish I've ever seen, and that includes anything I've ever seen on TV. As far as the eye could see, for 2-3 miles on both sides of the Pier and right out to sea as far as you could see, hundreds of thousands of garfish, maybe even more..

..and I never saw any locals fish for them, either.. but a truly incredible sight.

[ 18. January 2005, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]

Under the gars would of been bass, Ive watched a shoal of gars get hamerd by bass. They hit them in the middle folding them in half.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!