Making a Compilation CD.

Rogerb

Hi All,

My daughters want me to make a compilation CD for the car. The player in the car can’t do MP3’s so I guess I need to recreate the compilation using the native format but I can’t see how to do this.

Presumably I need something that will make a copy to the PC for writing back to a writable CD in the native format. The only utilities I have tried (CDEX 1.50, EZCD Creator 4) will only allow me to write WAV’s or MP3’s back to the CD which I don’t think will work?? When I look at the original CD in W2K I just see a 1KB cda file. :confused:

Can anyone give me a few pointers please before I make too many coasters?

Cheers.

Roger.

Hi Roger does your program not have a "wizard" for audio CD? As far as I remember,EasyCD 4 did use that and then drag and drop the files (from your hard drive is best) and they should automatically convert from .wav or .mp3 to cda

I use Nero now as I find it sooooooooooooo much better :D

Hope this helps

Terry

NTI cd creator is the best ive used so far, as tj`2 says drag and drop the mp3`s, it also has a bar that tells you how much space you have left on the cd so you can cram it full with no problems, if your on broadband i can mail it to you or you can get it from me using MSN, just add my email and bobs your ankle. im out fishing today from 2pm and again tomorrow, but kerry will be around she knows what to do.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Hi all

rogerb easy cd creater has a selection under the options when you go to record which states that if you choose a certain type of proceedure it will work with most home entertainment systems and normal car cd radios etc just use this selection and bobs your uncle it should work no probs.

and gray its very good in respect to cramming it all in as i think you should be able to get about 16-18 tracks on one disc but dont qoute me it all depends on cdr disc size but nero is very good also just takes abit to get used to but ok once you got it.

good luck compiling

billy

Thanks for the replies, but I don’t think I made it clear what I am trying to do.

What I meant by compilation was not copy one 'compilation' CD onto another CD, but collect tracks from many different CD’s and put them on one CD. I know how to do this with MP3’s and WAV’s etc, but I need to be able to do this keeping the native format so that it will play on the player in my 4 year old motor that can’t do MP3’s.

Cheers.

Roger.